• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Working Alone & Letter of Concern

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working Alone & Letter of Concern

I have been with my company for over ten years now and at the very start of this I told them (when they took me on) that I was suffering from a long term serious illness - colitis. Since that time I have suffered two colostomies and have various other illnesses that derive from the colitis.

During the time since the last operation (two on top of each other in a nine month period) the second of which I almost died, it was agreed that I should not work alone (we do night and day shift in a large company with just myself and one other worker) and this has been the case up until the appointment of a new site manager recently.

Despite my documented problems, the new manager has looked into my record and stopped the unaccompanied working completely - meaning I have to process and deliver work alone now when my shift partner is off.

Added to this, having called a meeting to discuss my declining health with my office manager the new manager hijacked this saying he wanted to take this, purely on the pretence if discussing my health yet in truth it became a vehicle for him to take this over and just highlight my sick time and supposed lack of production. He feels there is a pattern of my sick days with a large proportion of Fridays therein and now I have received a “letter of concern” from HR and it is very clear this is the beginning of disciplinary proceedings - which of course is denied but it is very clear they want rid of me whatever they say.

Often we have very little work at the weekends (we work Friday to Sunday) but with a confirmed catalogue of illnesses dating back many years they realise it is difficult to dismiss me via my sick record I am sure so are concentrating on this pattern of Friday absences and the supposed lack of work I produce.

The letter of concern is the start of the process no doubt but where will this lead from here and what are my rights in the matter please?
    Tags: None

Perhaps you should say what the nature of the work is?

is the unaccompanied work a real danger?

Comment

Working with electric printing machinery

Comment

Specifically about the letter of concern I presume it details exactly what their concerns are, what improvements are required and then what the process will be if the improvements are not addressed? You should have also been given the opportunity to discuss the letter and clarify any points you are unsure of. If you want to dispute the concerns then that would be the time to do so. If you have not been given the opportunity of a meeting then I suggest that you write to your employer if you want to dispute the letter of concern.
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do not provide advice by PM although I may on occasion ask you to send me documents this way but any related advice will be provided back on your thread.

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
        If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X