• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Can I request to have employment terminated?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I request to have employment terminated?

Good evening, I am currently on sick with work related related stress and have been for 6 weeks. I do not want to return to work there as I just can't face it. I have worked there for 16 years and I actually want them to terminate my employment with 12 weeks notice, can I request this?! Thank you for any advice given.
    Tags: None

Why not give your own notice?

Comment

Hi Paulajayne, I can give my own notice but I want my employer to give me 12 weeks notice pay so that I get 3 months wages to try and recoup the money I am losing being off work as I only get basic company sick pay and SSP which comes to half of my usual wage if that makes sense?

Comment

Another tack would be to raise a grievance if it is work causing the stress.

You can do so while being signed off.

It will take a while for them to go through the motions.

Are they in regular contact with you to help you through this upsetting time?
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi, I am considering a grievance but to be honest I don't want to return. I have had an appointment with the company doctor and had a sickness review last week and the manager was very understanding and said to take as long as I need. HR phoned me after 2 weeks sick offering me a temporary position covering for someone, they said that it would be working away from the environment that I dont want to go back to! I had to let them know quickly but I declined as I don't feel ready. I have another doctor's appointment on Wednesday as my note runs out. Thank you for your help.

Comment

I'll give Ula a nudge for better opinion.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I am not sure that unless you are prepared to start a conversation with your employer about your work related stress that you are going to get the outcome that you want.

Clearly something has happened at work to cause you to be off work with stress and the company have responded by offering , albeit temporary, a post away from the cause of your stress. I would suggest that if you continue to be signed off work after your appointment on Wed that you do contact your employer and arrange to speak with them about possible solutions one of which is leaving the company if you feel there is no alternative.

If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
              If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I know what you mean and I'll see how Wednesday goes. Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X