• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Non payment of notice and holiday pay and threats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non payment of notice and holiday pay and threats

I was dismissed by my employer on 06/09/2018, they only paid me until my last day of working so i started early conciliation through ACAS which came to an end on 24/10/2018 and I have now applied for a tribunal. On 26/10/2018 I received a text saying my holiday pay was ready to collect, I called the number and was told the company would pay me for 8 days holiday and no notice pay, I am in fact owed 11 days holiday pus the weeks notice as i was laid off as there allegedly was no work. I refused the 8 days offered as firstly it was not the correct number of days and secondly it was at the wrong rate of pay. At this point the manager with whom i was speaking started threatening i would "seen to", this was repeated in a second call about half hour later after I had offered a compromise to the situation but the company would not listen. I have involved the police who will be visiting to "give some friendly advice to the individual concerned" i do have a crime number. My question therefore is should I now refuse any further offers unless the amount offered is for all holiday pay and a weeks notice and if I refuse how this could possibly affect the outcome of a tribunal. thank you in advance for your time.
    Tags: None

From what you have said you are claiming for your notice period of one week - I assume you have less than 2 years service. Did you have a contract of employment and if so what does it say is the notice period you would be have been entitled to. If this is greater than one week then this is the notice period you are entitled to. Plus pay for 11 days holiday which you had not taken but had accrued up until you left?

The tribunal is there to assess the case on its merits. If you are certain that the money is due to you then the fact you have turned down an offer should not affect the outcome. You are not obliged to accept an offer, particularly if you are certain of the facts and have done your calculations correctly to assess what pro-rate holiday pay is owed to you.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X