• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
  • LegalBeagles® is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HMRC claims ex employer paid me for 7 weeks after I had finished work

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HMRC claims ex employer paid me for 7 weeks after I had finished work

    on 14th march 2016 I finished my partime job but have never had a P60 in the 10 years I worked for them, Never received a P45.

    I had a privite Pension with the local council which I started receiving in the september, forward to march 2017 as the pension was so small I decided to take it as a lump sum, paid the tax on it, no problem.

    July 2017 received a tax bill for £250 under payment??
    on questioning HMRC they stated that my old employer has paid me for 7 weeks after I had stopped working for him,
    I stated in writing that I finished on 14th march was paid weekly and had received no other payment from him,
    Reply' take it up with him! so I did,
    He claims it is the fault of the accountant, so I told him to sort it out as it looks like he had paid me £750 and I had to pay the tax on it, said he would but up to now he has done nothing ,
    he has however changed accountants and I am still £250 quid out of pocket as I had to pay the tax or they would take me to court,

    Is there anything I can do?
    Tags: None

  • #2
    Why have you started a second thread on this?


    • #3
      because I thought I may get more info in this part of the site


      • #4
        Most regulars look at all the new posts. A duplicate thread is just an opportunity to lose information


        • #5
          looks like no information to loose,


          • #6
            Possibly no responses because if you haven't received the PAYE forms it is difficult to see what you can do now as it is over two years.
            As it was a part time position were you paid by cheque or cash? with or without a payslip which you have kept?
            If you have payslips, or regular payments into a bank account by your ex employer you might be able to follow this up somehow

            He should be able to provide you with P60s and even a P45 if you haven't been given one (but how you force him to comply is another problem)


            View our Terms and Conditions

            LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

            If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

            If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.



            Employment Law

            Are you having problems with your employer ?
            See more
            See less

            Court Claim ?

            Guides and Letters

            upgrade to vip

            Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

            only £15/yr

            Offers available. No subscription traps.

            sign up now

            Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

            Find a Law Firm