• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Bullying

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullying

I’m being bullied by a manager from another team for not giving him the results he wants. I provide data to his team which I get from others and some data is missing because another person hasn’t given me the info. This manager says it’s my fault and I’ll be the one in trouble for providing this info. I’ve told him where the fault is and he needs to speak to the other person which he knows is the process but he won’t do that. He harassed me daily, ordered me to pressure the other person, told me it will be me in trouble not him then accused me of not updating him when I had. Since this issue started he also ignores me and glares at me but does all of this when my manager is not around.

two close colleagues noticed I was down and asked what was going on as they had seen things and I confided in them. They said they would be there if I needed to talk and I said I’d tell my manager as well which I did and said I did not want any action taking.

One of the colleagues i had told works in this managers team and we’ve always shared a lot of things and never repeated things. This colleague was aware of the other person I told but for some unknown reason went and told his manager what I had said and also told a senior manager as well that I was gossiping and spreading this story around. Two days ago as I was heading for lunch I saw my manager and this other manager in a heated conversation behind closed doors then my manager walks into the open office says out loud in front of people that I wasn’t going anywhere as he needed a word with me.

I was informed by manager that it had come to his attention from the other manager I’d told 2 people of this situation and because I had he can’t do anything to help me and that the other manager is angry with me for saying i was bullied and I had to apologise.

The said manager then came into the room said he’d been told by his team member what I’d said and he was aware I’d told someone else. I was then told to apologise so I did I explained my case as well for why I felt that way he just said it’s how he is no sorry or anything from his side. I was then told the next couple of weeks will be rough for me and I’m to tell the 2 people I’d confided in I’ve got it all wrong and it’s all sorted.

I left the room after wards to find all colleagues in the office staring as it had all been done in a meeting room in full view so now everyone willl know somethings gone on.

I know this was bullying but it feels I’ve been told to keep quiet and that the only one in the wrong is me.

My question is did I do anything wrong?
    Tags: None

In my opinion, you say you are being bullied, to me it seems like your not. Your both having to do a job and it comes with problems and pressure. Your job is to get the data from another person and then pass it on this manager, you don't receive the information then its fair to say the manager wants to know why.

Why would you not want any action taking if your being bullied?? The bullying wont go away if its not addressed.

Your manager is wrong, of course he can address any problems, whether or not you have told people or not. If for example, I was sexually assaulted by my manager and told 2 people because i was down and didn't know what to do, it would be ludicrous to think the manager would not be able to do anything because I've told 2 people. You really should have been able to voice your opinion and rectify any potential problems you had between with the manager while your manager was there.

You could say the manager should have conducted his self better and went to a more private room but that his prerogative. I would however say if you really feel you are being bullied you need to sort the problem, go back to your manager and tell them if not raise a formal grievance with HR. Your company should have a procedure in place if not you can find a template on the internet
    The information I supply is provided for informational purposes only and, should not be construed as legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X