• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Feel pushed out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feel pushed out

Hi

I am a quite newly promoted Business Manager for a franchise. Mid last year my restaurant was bought by the franchisee and I was sent to run the restaurant on a secondment. By the fourth quarter of last year I was offered the promotion from the franchisee with my effective start date of 2006 being brought over in my contract.

I had a good ride for all of last year taking the restaurant from a loss to significant profits, I was receiving good visits and good feedback from my boss.

at the start of the year I split up with my partner and met someone else who works in another area of the business but we dont actually work together, we kept this quiet!

Again all was good in work at the end of the first quarter I received a performance review which came out as a significant performer.

the next month came along... I told my work about my new relationship. My partner used to have a secret relationship with my boss who is married and he also knew her ex partner very well through playing football etc my personal opinion is that he still very much fancys my partner due to the fact he rings her restaurant to ask about her a few times a week even though he doesn't manage that area. I received another performance review in April which suddenly dropped down two grades to the bottom grade. In this performance review the financial aspects of the business were disregarded (HOW we are a business there to make money) and I was told I was suddenly a massive under performer something which I had never been in my twelve year career. I never actually received a copy of this performance review and in this review I was also told I would receive much more support. This never happened I have not seen or heard of my boss any more since this review than I ever have and I also receive no more feedback than I was before this review.

My restaurant has received many brand visits from the main company in this time frame which have all been very strong pass visits

This last week things have taken a dramatic turn for the worse just over a week ago I phoned in sick due to vomiting and having a fever etc. A few hours later my boss phoned me and told me "to get my arse into work now" I work with food and so this is against every food safety instruction I have ever been given. I turned up and within twenty minutes he sent me home. About an hour later I received two phone calls of him and a few hours later another phone call. Two days after I initially phoned in sick I returned to work.

Two days after this my boss came to see me he told me that he didn't want to see me coming into work stressed and he thought I was on the verge of quitting or sinking in my job and asked me to demote myself. I was given no details of what this would entail salary wise etc he just felt I had lost control and that my franchisee suggested it as I couldn't cope and that I apparently couldn't see a way forwards within my restaurant. My partner was also brought up with the offer to move her much closer to our home if I decided to step down (blackmail??? I dont understand why it takes me to step down for them to move her)

A few days later he came in again to see me to ask if I had given any thought to his initial suggestion of demoting myself. As I didn't have any clear reasons outlined to me or even a plan of the logistics of what it would mean I said I hadn't given it any thought until it was put in front of my in writing. He then started to suggest that maybe its the best thing before I didn't have a choice and maybe I lost my job instead.

Today he has come in to see me again this time telling me that all of my staff cant see a way forwards in the restaurant ( a clear lie as I had spoken to these colleagues just an hour before). This time I had enough of what felt like harassment and bullying and aired all of my issues to him stating the ways he had not supported me through any of the issues he claimed I was having in the restaurant and was setting me up to fail. I asked for a meeting with our franchisee which seemed to hit a nerve as after this he was looking for ways to help and support me and told me he had clearly read the situation wrong and the told me that he never asked me to demote myself at all in the first place.

I feel like I am being pushed out of my role or being forced into a lesser role which makes me look inefficient and a failure through no fault of my own but rather through lack of support from my superiors. I feel like this whole situation is soon going to end up making me take time off work due to stress especially considering in my view this is a personal attack rather than a professional one.

Tags: None

Can anyone help? Please?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X