• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Suspension from work over 2 complaints received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the update. Sounds like your research and preparation really helped the outcome.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

These are the documents I used:- UK police on line.1 p.c.on the forum quotes this,"Threats can be calculated and pre-meditated,or said in the heat of the moment.The defendant does not have to have the intention (to kill), but there has to be an intent that the person the threat has been issued to would fear that it would be carried out. This can be a difficult offence to prove".

I also found another document,but can't remember where it came from on the internet.It states,Threatening behaviour is where a person intentionally puts another person in fear of imminent bodily injury.

I argued in my disciplinary that there was no threat of imminent bodily injury,and if the manager believes there was,then they need to go down the Public Order Act 1986, section 4,sub section 1A which mentions about "Immediate Unlawful Violence"against another person.Hence why the threatening bahaviour offence was dropped.

With regards to bringing the company into disrepute,I used a few documents from various solicitors, and an excerpt from a case study.

From:- Ask The Expert.Regarding facebook comments.This post was written by James Major and Emily knight, and published on Thomas Reuters accelus on 18th february 2015...."Unfortunately,there is no hard and fast rule as to what facebook posts concerning an employer would constitute grounds for disciplinary action and,as with all conduct issues principally,it will depend on the specific content and circumstances surrounding the employees post".

The next document I used was from www.clydeco.com....."The key issue is wether the content of the post relates to the employees work or employer"....I argued that it was neither, but that it was aimed at an employee other than myself.

Lastly I used an excerpt from Witham V Club 24. An employee was dismissed for a facebook comment which allegedly brought the company into disrepute.She took her employee to an Employment Tribunal and won.The tribunal stated this:- "The claimant wasn't complaining about volkswagen but about her working conditions and the people she was working with".....I suggested to the manager that if they replace the name volkswagen with the company name that I work for, and change the name Witham to my name,then it is the same scenario,but different names.The manager couldn't dispute it.

I argued that the post I made, did not contain any threats of violence to anyone, no imminent fear of bodily injury, no threats to cause injury at a later date etc, and as such there was no threatening behaviour.It was an off the cuff remark,that I should have worded better than it sounds.That was agreed by the manager as well.
      I was expecting nothing greater than a 6 month warning for the content of the post .That is what I got.

Comment

Thank you for the details of the research documents you used. This will be useful to other people using the forum.
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
        If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X