• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
  • LegalBeagles® is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Long term sick leave stopped

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Long term sick leave stopped

    Hello all - hoping for some help!

    My partner has been on sick leave for almost 2 years. He has had 2 surgeries - one on his lower back and one on his shoulder. These surgeries were around 5 months apart. Since then he has attended physiotherapy. We moved to Germany because of my job and he's continued to see doctors here. One surgeon (back) would like to do further surgery and another surgeon (shoulder) would like to place him on a pain management program and continue with physio. He doctors have continually advised that he is not fit for work.

    My partner studied a degree while working with the company in Dublin. He completed this degree while on sick leave - all of this is known to the company.

    His salary was paid in part by disability welfare and insurance covered two thirds of his salary. During the annual review for his insurance they noticed that he had 2 extra "companies" on his social media profile. One of them was the company that I worked for, the other was a fictional start up which he and his classmates started during their studies. He never received any form of payment from either of these companies. His company has advised that the payments will no longer continue and have advised him that he will be called to a disciplinary hearing.

    The investigation has been going on for 5 months. In that time he has only received welfare payments and, needless to say, times are very hard for us at the moment. I must reiterate that he never received any payment from either company they were concerned with on his social media. What should we do?!!
    Tags: None

  • #2
    Re: Long term sick leave stopped

    Where is the company that your partner works for based? I just need to check what legal jurisdiction would cover any response..
    I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

    You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

    You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

    If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page


    • #3
      Re: Long term sick leave stopped

      Originally posted by Ula View Post
      Where is the company that your partner works for based? I just need to check what legal jurisdiction would cover any response..
      Hi - it's based in the Republic of Ireland....


      View our Terms and Conditions

      LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

      If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

      If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.



      Employment Law

      Are you having problems with your employer ?
      See more
      See less

      Court Claim ?

      Guides and Letters

      upgrade to vip

      Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

      only £15/yr

      Offers available. No subscription traps.

      sign up now

      Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

      Find a Law Firm