• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Train2Game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Train2Game

Hi there,

Sorry if this isn't being posted in the right place.

In 2013 I signed up with a company train2game to study a video game designers course and everything about them hasn't seemed up to standard.

It stated when I asked for more information on one of their courses, I got a phone call in return asking about me, my interests an educational history. They then set up a meeting at my home where I was told I would get the information I had asked for.

He came as expected and showed me a DVD which had successful past students, and many people from Tiga, Microsoft and City and guilds.

I then asked about studying spun design for games which is the field I want to go into, to which he replied that they don't do a course in that but the computer games design one covered all aspects including sound.
    I asked to think about it and was told that I was applying to them and I didn't seem too keen so did I want to do the course or not? While he packed his things away. Me, being young and niece saw my dreams slipping through my fingers and quickly agreed to do the course.

He an his boss came the next day, asked for the £100 deposit, said I had 7 days to cancel if I changed my kind and left.

3 -4 weeks later the first study materials arrived allowing me to log into the site and begin the first unit. What I found shocked me. One of the tutors on the site in this professional education environment had his display avatar set like he'd just gotten out I bed, In a vest (the underwear) and unkept hair like he hadn't been washed.

The software I was promised for use was a freely downloadable one I has seen before.

And it was too late for me to cancel. I left it at that.

A few months later I thought I'd try again, still having access to the materials I worked through the first unit by only answering the tutor marked assessments needed to progress.

I then got a nice big book through my door. I thought this is more like it. It was a lot of poor and inaccurate information. I received better from using Wikipedia than I did the study materials I am paying over £4000 for.

I have since repeatedly asked them to cancel the course, being told all you need to do is stop studying it, but I continually get reminders from them to hand in more units.

On further looking on google I have found that the finance company they set me up with to pay for the course and train2game themselves all seemed to be linked to a company called skilltrain, or something similar who have been in legal trouble for the same thing a few years ago.

I realize there may be nothing I can do but if there is a way that I cannot lose any kore I my money and possibly recover what I have already paid, I would appreciate the help.

Sorry for the long post,

Mdlees
    Tags: None

Re: Train2Game

I take it you are still paying instalments? Now you say they all come under the same company umbrella so if it is an ‘in house’ finance company then I would stop paying them as you are not getting what you paid for however I have no idea what your legal position is on this. I will give this a bump and see if anyone comes along with advice. I do think you should have a prowl through google for complaints against this company and see what others have done or get on to someone like ‘Don’t get mad, get Dom or whatever it is called as this sort of rip off is meat and drink to these programmes.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
    ~ Anonymous

Comment

Whilst continuing to pay (don't give them a chance to sue you for breach of contract) I would be considering suing them for breach of contract. If they are supplying you with inaccurate info they are not training you. On winning you are awarded damages which should cover your losses.
      The other course open to you is to rescind the contract because of misrepresentation. Basically they told you things which induced you to purchase the course. This information was false.
      This means you can declare the contract rescinded and demand a refund of your fees. Rescission puts both parties back in the position they were in prior to the contract.

We all have our preference for which ever course of action, but I don't believe cancellation of the contract is the way to go.

Comment

It seems we're about all in the same nightmare here.

Can I please advise you all, at the least, to contact Citizens Advice Consumer Services to report your experiences so that the information can be passed on to Trading Standards. At some point this operation needs to be properly investigated and it will only happen if there are enough cases to support it.

Hold fast. Do not be threatened. Do not give up.

"To those who can hear me, I say - do not despair. The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed..."

Comment

I posted this in a another post on train2game that is also questioning their credentials.

http://pixeljudge.com/en/news/tiga-a...ame-part-ways/

Comment

Have a look at skillstrain under scrutiny google it.

Comment

Hello guys,

I was going to open a new topic about my case, but I found this one about the same subject.

I'm one more person who signed with train2game and wants desperately to leave. I came from Brazil in June of last year, I was struggling to find a job, despite of my experience, so I decided to look for some sort of course to improve my CV. One day I saw something about games development courses in reed.co.uk then I sent my details (mobile number, address, name, date of birth) and I received a call from t2g the next morning. They asked me the same things they asked Mdlees and set up a meeting as well.

The salesman showed me a lot of content with Microsoft and TIGA logo and told me about how many other guys like me he recruited and how he presented this guys to big companies in the industry. The course was cheap, I'd have access to expensive development softwares, tutors anytime and that guy would introduce me to companies as soon as possible, it seemed a really nice deal. I payed £50 as registration fee, signed the contract and the first monthly payment would be on January (by direct debit).

I received my password to access the website in mid December and my first impression was "This is totally bull****" but I decided to give a chance and try. I did 3 or 4 TMA's and got disappointed again, it's all wikipedia questions, just a waste of time. I sent an email asking how should I proceed to cancel the contract because I didn't receive what they told me I would and there was nothing about cancelation in contract, I got no answer and they didn't take money from my account in January so I presumed it was just another scam and I had lost £50. I moved on and forgot about it.

Two weeks ago I received an email from Ardent Credit Services Ltd telling me about a "urgent personal business matter" with Career Finance 4 Trade Skills Ltd and asking my personal details. I went crazy of course, I don't want to give my money to those scammers, but I have no idea about what can I do now.

I've read the other topics about t2g and apparently is not that hard to cancel the contract with t2g if I send a complaining letter, is that right? But what about my "debt" with Career Finance 4 Trade Skills, what should I do? Can anyone advise me?

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by fabrizio View Post
                Hello guys,

I was going to open a new topic about my case, but I found this one about the same subject.

I'm one more person who signed with train2game and wants desperately to leave. I came from Brazil in June of last year, I was struggling to find a job, despite of my experience, so I decided to look for some sort of course to improve my CV. One day I saw something about games development courses in reed.co.uk then I sent my details (mobile number, address, name, date of birth) and I received a call from t2g the next morning. They asked me the same things they asked Mdlees and set up a meeting as well.

The salesman showed me a lot of content with Microsoft and TIGA logo and told me about how many other guys like me he recruited and how he presented this guys to big companies in the industry. The course was cheap, I'd have access to expensive development softwares, tutors anytime and that guy would introduce me to companies as soon as possible, it seemed a really nice deal. I payed £50 as registration fee, signed the contract and the first monthly payment would be on January (by direct debit).

I received my password to access the website in mid December and my first impression was "This is totally bull****" but I decided to give a chance and try. I did 3 or 4 TMA's and got disappointed again, it's all wikipedia questions, just a waste of time. I sent an email asking how should I proceed to cancel the contract because I didn't receive what they told me I would and there was nothing about cancelation in contract, I got no answer and they didn't take money from my account in January so I presumed it was just another scam and I had lost £50. I moved on and forgot about it.

Two weeks ago I received an email from Ardent Credit Services Ltd telling me about a "urgent personal business matter" with Career Finance 4 Trade Skills Ltd and asking my personal details. I went crazy of course, I don't want to give my money to those scammers, but I have no idea about what can I do now.

I've read the other topics about t2g and apparently is not that hard to cancel the contract with t2g if I send a complaining letter, is that right? But what about my "debt" with Career Finance 4 Trade Skills, what should I do? Can anyone advise me?

Thank you in advance.
                Type in Skillstrain under Scrutiny on google and watch the video write down all the info especially sections 5-7 of the consumer protections of unfair tradings 2008 and write them a letter regarding all of this information and being mis-sold the course you will receive a letter saying sorry about this and they will agree to cancel the course. Mention about Robert ager and all the information. Any questions feel free to ask take care.

Comment

I will be taking this company to the small claims courts and then getting a refund of my money. I'd advise you to write train2game a letter with sections 5-7 of the consumer protections for unfair tradings regulations 2008 and mention Robert Ager the skillstrain information and his website google it. then after you get the letter saying from train2game that they are willing to cancel the course. Get your money back by writing a letter for a full refund if you do not get one go to the small claims courts.

Comment

Best thing to do, is not pay anything, cancel your direct debit's with them, get a direct debit indemnity from the bank, get all your money back, and watch the skillstrain under scrutiny, on google video, they used to be called skillstrain. But they have changed their name to train2game, watch the video, write everything down, regarding section's 5-7 of the consumer protection's for unfair trading regulation's 2008. Breach of contract mis-selling mis-representation etc. And write them a letter, any problems keep in touch take care ok.

Comment

Originally posted by love
                      please des 8 can you elaborate. i have been treat awfully by this company and I am trying the trading standards route and breach of contract. but i am not a lawyer etc
                      If you were induced by means of misrepresentation to enter into a contract with a company you have the right to declare the contract rescinded, but this has to be done within a reasonable time.
                      The word "reasonable" in law means fair, proper or moderate depending on the circumstances
                      You would not realise immediately that the course had been misrepresented, it would take time to realise the course was not as proposed
                      If you take this course you need to write (recorded) to the other side telling them you are rescinding the contract due to misrepresentation, and you require return of all fees and costs which you have incurred (includes loan charges etc).
                      When they decline you issue a court claim!If they undertook to train you to a certain standard, and are failing, you could opt to initiate court action for breach of contract.

In either case you would have to prove your position.
                      I don't know what they said to you, or the standard of their course work.
                      I have just read about others problems with these people, and tentatively put forward a possible way forward.

Comment

Start by writing down what they told you (in writing and verbally) that convinced you that this course at the price quoted would give you the qualifications they said.
                        Your sources will be memory, letters, emails, advertisements, pamphlets etc.
                        Then write down where the course fails to fulfil the promises, including changes to the course .
                        This should indicate to you where they misrepresented the course.

Your first letter to them should be quite brief and to the point. I would suggest along these lines, but obviously amend to suit your circumstances.

Dear sir

Misrepresentation Act 1967

We entered into a contract dd/month/year

I agreed to pay £xxx.

You agreed to provide me with training which would qualify me as xxxx.
                        The training was to include ..............
                        It has failed to do this.
                        Yo have now, on dd/month/year, advised that to gain the qualification I will need to complete further training.

The contract was misrepresented to me, and hence this letter is to advise you that I am declaring the contract rescinded.
                        I require you to refund all monies paid to you by myself.

Any course papers you require returned will be made available for collection by yourselves.

I await your reply within 14 days.

yours etc

If finance was involved you need to include that in your letter as t2g need to meet those costs as well!
                        Just keep it simple to start with.

Comment

Love xx Could you write down as much info as you can about how the course was sold to you, what they said, who came, how many times, what they got you to sign... do you have copies of the documents ? If so can you post them up or send them to me ( admin@legalbeagles.info )

Also can you go through the issues with the course, one at a time if it is easier, with approx dates of when things happened.

Also we need to know what you have paid them. And who the actual finance was with. If the company don't exist any more than that is probably in your favour anyway.

Then we might be able to start helping you format a formal complaint and letter before action before bringing a claim against them.
                          Last edited by Amethyst; 1st March 2016, 13:18:PM.
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I haven't seen what you have sent to admin, but there is nothing to do until you hear from them.
                            Presumably you gave them a time in which to respond.

Regarding costs, even if you were to lose, these would be minimal in small claims.

Comment

Thanks....... just keep us informed, please, and you will get all the support we can give

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X