• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Portfolio v Cheerios84

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Portfolio v Cheerios84

Hi all
    Been a fan of the site and the great wealth of information you have provided. After sending links to friends and family, I find myself in the need of some help.
    I received a County Court Claim Form on the 20th September and started to panic before coming back to your site. After reading some of the information, I have:
    • Acknowledged the claim today (29th September 2020) as per advice on this site
    • Prepared a CCA Claimant letter to Lowell Portfolio - to be sent tomorrow with postal order
    • Prepared a CPR Request letter to Lowell Solicitors - to also be sent tomorrow with a copy of the CCA letter above
    As per the information on the claim form, please see below:
    • Date of Issue: 17 Sep 2020
    • Date of Service: 20 Sep 2020
    • Particulars of Claim: The claim comprises the following agreements the defendant entered into:
      • a. Capital One (Europe) plc with reference xxxx and current balance of £478.59
      • b. Vanquis Bank with reference xxxx and current balance of £620.27.
      • The agreements were terminated as payments were not maintained and subsequently assigned to the claimant. And the claimant claims:
        • a. The total of the said sums being £1098.86
        • b. Interest pursuant to s69 County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue, but limited to one year, being £86.96
        • c. Costs
    Background - I had a very well-paying job and started to look into boosting my credit with these two cards. Unfortunately, within a year I was unemployed but tried to continue paying them at least the minimum payments. At the end with all the debts starting to pile up and with the situation not getting much better, I resorted to paying the bills that screamed the loudest and ignored/buried in the sand, the rest resulting in this claim form. As these are quite old, I do not remember the last time I was in contact or paid the client, and I have not acknowledged the debt in writing.
    According to http://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd.html, I would have to provide my defence by the 20th October so any help will be greatly appreciated and if any more information is required please let me know.

Thank you
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X