• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell solicitors - urgent help needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1549982697768979.jpg Hi, thankyou for your reply, please see the letter they sent to me.

Many thanks

Comment

I will also get the letter asking for my personal information from Halifax sent off this afternoon.

Again, many thanks.

Comment

Hi, it's 4 years later since I have received anything from Lowell and now I've received this letter from Lowell. Because the account closed in March 2013, does this mean the debt is now statute barred?

I thought this had gone away but now they're asking for payment and have provided payment options. I went to the step change website and there is a template that asks them to close this account. I've uploaded the template as well for you to see.

​​​​
        Should I send the template?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

A

Attached Files

Comment

last contact (you made)6 years eng/wales or 5 years scotland

​​​​​​ Statute Barred Letter

Comment

So does this mean it's no longer statute barred because I wrote to them in 2019? I never said I was liable for the debt.

Comment

made contact then statute barred starts from that date + 1 month

Comment

see what they send next meantime do nothing, they may be phishing to get you to bite, they waited so long to now

Comment

Hey Mike, thanks for this. So are you saying I should wait for another letter from them and not send the template regarding the limitations act and that it's statute barred?

Thankyou
                  ​​​

Comment

6 years in eng/Wales you state contact 2019 -4 years acknowledged debt ?

Comment

See what happens. Might be another template letter part of which drawer down ?

Comment

I never acknowledged the debt and submitted an access request from Halifax which confirmed that the account was closed in March 2013 and last payment made September 2012.

Comment

you stated to wrote to them in 2019?

Comment

Yes that's right but I asked them to prove I was who they said I was and then they didn't reply any more.

​​​​

Comment

They wrote to me first in 2019 and I sought advice on here and was told to ask them to provide info and to prove that I am the person in question. They only replied that the account was closed in 2013 March and that it wasn't statute barred because the letter was February 2019. However they never sent anything else after this when I asked them for more info on me such as when the account was opened etc.

I never claimed to be the person and never accepted liability.

Comment

We'll see if they contact again do not contact at this time might be trying to get you to bite sit tight for nowe

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X