• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** Discontinued ** Lowell solicitors ltd Vs ME!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh fabulous news - well done for sticking with it ! Xxxx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Fey92 View Post
      Well after them persisting on for all this time, they have thrown in the towel... They have ceased the court proceedings and issued me a notice of discontinuance, saying their 'client' instructed them to bring the claim to an end.. which im very happy about.
      They have zeroed the balance, this is after i sent them the email to let them know I was awaiting them to comply with the order of the court.

Thanks so much Amethyst and jaguarsuk
      Excellent news, I don't blame them for their tactic as fighting the other side I'd have done the same and I'm sure it scares some into agreement. You had nothing to lose by refusing the Tomlin Order at this stage and everything to gain.

This may be the end of it with this claimant, but you have to remember they're in it to make money and may well try to off load it to someone else hidden in the depths of another tranche of data.

Scan and save all documents to 2 cloud storage services (icloud, one drive, google docs and the like) as then you have easy access to them should you ever need them again. Once you have the court sealed Notice of discontinuance add that to the files.

Chances are given they have zero'd the balance you'll never hear anything again, but should it ever crop up you'll be able to simply deal with it all via a few emails and not have such an elongated process.
      COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X