• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

NBCS is threatening legal action on behalf of House of Fraser.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBCS is threatening legal action on behalf of House of Fraser.

In the past weeks, I received an email and a letter from 'NBCS' saying they were a civil recovery firm, demanding money on behalf of their client House of Fraser.

I made a big order worth nearly £2k which I received and returned with Royal Mail, but it seems the item was lost in transit. I asked for a full refund, but the House of Fraser rejected my complaint and I opened a dispute with my credit card I got a full refund after their investigation, and in the dispute, I’ve provided the proof of postage (Royal Mail return). I guess that House of Fraser disputed this, but their dispute was rejected by my credit card.

I thought this case was ended, the dispute was made 5 months ago, but I don't have anymore the receipt for the postage.

I’ve received another email that I’ve paid more than 2k if they will take me to court to recoup their money.

Has anyone had an issue in the past? How should I proceed?
    Tags: None

a) Send a SAR to your credit card company, they have 30 days to provide all the information on the account, make sure you get Proof of Postage. You'll get a copy of the postal returns receipt.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

b) I would let then continue with their nonsense, if they take you to Court, then you have everything you need to defend the claim. You may be able to make a counterclaim as they are chasing you for money you don't owe. Keep any letters / emails they send you.

Comment

The problem is I’ve lost the receipt for the Proof of postage, as I thought I was not gonna needed more been 5 months now.
      Is there anyone who on here was taken to court? Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by Goldenboy View Post
        The problem is I’ve lost the receipt for the Proof of postage, as I thought I was not gonna needed more been 5 months now.
        Is there anyone who on here was taken to court? Thanks in advance!
        You said the following

'I opened a dispute with my credit card I got a full refund after their investigation, and in the dispute, I’ve provided the proof of postage (Royal Mail return)'

You sent the Proof of Postage to your credit card company. When the credit card company respond to your SAR request (they provide 6 years data), they will send you a copy of that Proof of Postage.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X