• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unroadworthy vehicle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unroadworthy vehicle

Hello members.I have a question if anybody can help give an answer. I'll make this as short as possible. On 10/06/2024 My brother bought me a £5,000 (bank transfer) Kia Picanto 2016 plate.
    I took it for a test drive with a showroom staff. He took me down side raods so I was doing about 20 mph. I asked for a longer drive on a wider road but he said they don't do that. My Brother paid for the car. which was delivered that night. The following afternoon I was on the way to work on a 40 mph carriageway. When I started braking, the left front brake was grinding and something else when turning right. I phoned the showroom and explained. It was picked up on a breakdown truck and taken to the showroom to be fixed. When the car was returned, the problem was still there, no work was done so it was picked again 18/06/2024 at night.
    I told the staff (a different person) If the car isn't fixed by the close of their business hours (6pm) on 20/06/2024, I shall request/demand a full refund the next day or further action will be taken.
    I saw on BBC that within 14 days (24/06/2024) a person can demand a refund and the trader keep the car. If they refuse a person can send a letter with court action. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

David
    Tags: None

How was it paid for?

Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, you can reject the car within 14 days, you given them the opportunity to fix it, they haven't.

Email and post the following letter one you've filled it in, make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...r-aeziX3M7tYNw

Update the thread, once you get a response.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X