• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Overdales Letter Of Claim. What do I do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overdales Letter Of Claim. What do I do?

Hello, received this letter today.
    Do I go with the Pre Action Letter? This is the second time they’ve sent this letter and I’ve already 3 lettered Lowell to which they never did send the documents for the Three account and didn’t send the full documents for the other account either.

Also, it states the Three account was started in August 2014 and was passed to them in November 2020… that’s 6 years after the account opening date, the default date on my credit score is December 2019 but I’m not sure why the default date is 5 years after the start date when the contract was only for two years.

Can anyone advise? Thanks.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

When was the last payment made on the account?

Has the debt been acknowledged in writing over the last 6 years?

I believe the debt might be statute barred, they normally default an account after you've missed 3 payments.

They probably defaulted the account to prevent the debt from being statute barred.

You could send the following letter, make sure you get Proof of Postage -

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...ed-debt-letter

Comment

Hi! The debt hasn’t been acknowledged, I have only received contact about it recently.

Thank you I will send that! In regards to the letter of claim do I send the Pre Action Letter? I have already done this and they didn’t respond so it looks like they’re trying again.

Comment

Originally posted by MissCx View Post
        Hi! The debt hasn’t been acknowledged, I have only received contact about it recently.

Thank you I will send that! In regards to the letter of claim do I send the Pre Action Letter? I have already done this and they didn’t respond so it looks like they’re trying again.
        If you're sending the Statute Barred Letter, then there is no point, as you've already sent it once and they didn't respond.

Make sure you get Proof of Postage. Keep all communications in writing.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X