• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter of claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter of claim

Hello all

Yesterday I received in the post a letter from dcb legal acting on behalf of UKCP for an unpaid PCN dating back to 2019.

Whilst this is my vehicle, I do not recall this incident as it could have been someone else driving my car at the time, am I right in thinking that they cannot prove I was the driver at the time of the incident and therefore cannot take me to court?

Can anyone advise what I should do in this situation please?

Thank you
    Tags: None

You write to DCBL denying any knowledge of the alleged debt and request any information they have to enable you identify the matter.

Send a Subject Access Request (template in Short Cuts box on right) to UKCP

Obviously do not identify any possible driver and send first class with free certificate of posting from post office

Comment

Hi, I have a very similar problem to DES8. I received a letter before action from dcb legal on behalf of UKCP Limited dating back to 2019. It stated that I had parked in a Blue Badge bay without displaying a BB. I appealed on the basis that I am a BB holder and enclosed a copy of the same. This is usually more than enough to closed down this type of issue. However I received a very strange email asking for confirmation of my name, failing which court proceedings would be started. As I had already dealt with this matter I responded with my name. Only to receive a lengthy letter stating that I still owed the said parking fine as I failed to display my BB at the time of the incident. This is strange to me as they claimed to have attached photographs of the car but the file opened to an empty page. I also permanently display my Badge. It was more than 3 years ago and I really don't know why they continue to harass me when I have proved that I am a BB holder. I have 30 days to payŁ160 with no further option to appeal. Can they do this as I thought I could appeal their decision. Any help would be great. Thanks

Comment

Sonigray ,

By naming yourself as the driver you make it easier for the UKPC to win.

To avoid confusion with original poster could you please start your own thread

Comment

Thank you, I'm still learning how to post properly I will start a different thread

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X