• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Joseph James - Letter before action

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joseph James - Letter before action

Hopefully, this will be a quick resolution as I have read the other threads in this area and requested the info they have about myself from FastTrack Claims/ claim4U.

We are now at the stage where they ignore every email I send from an email address I use barring two pieces of communication. They initially sent a letter in the post and an email to an email address I do not use (only for marketing emails so I never use this email address as a communication address) on 15th June from Hotmail address. Timeline of correspondence to their debt recovery email address:

1) 15th June I sent a copy of a letter requesting the debt be written off for various reasons including income, mental health and being the only wage earner due to health complications with my pattern. Dealing with priority debts of which they are not from to their contact me page on their website using their reference for me.
    2) 28th June: Sent the email again with a letter attached requesting the debt be written off for various reasons including income, mental health and being the only wage earner due to health complications with my pattern. Dealing with priority debts of which they are not from the email address I wish to be contacted upon - personal email address
    3) 15th July email from JJL to old email address litigation before action email to Hotmail address.
    4) 19th July I received a phone call from JJL. Advised them on the phone I have sent a letter and they need to respond. The response was they do not write off debts and put phone down on me.
    5) 20th July sent an email thread indicating I have already sent them a letter to which they have not responded to me requesting the debt be written off. By ignoring me they have accepted this request to the email address I do use for correspondence. I also made the request for the transcript of the conversation we had on 19th July on my personal email address.
    6) 3rd August I receive the transcript of the phone conversation to my personal email address by the return of email from JJL.
    7) 16th Sept email to Hotmail address to contact them with a letter before action and the letter arrived in the post dated 16th Sept.
    8) 8th Oct sent an email from the correspondence address with a letter before action info was completed requesting information about my authorisation etc.
    9) 10th Oct JJL sent an email to Hotmail with the info requested.

I have contacted the Ombudsmand who say it is not their jurisdiction or the Solicitors Regulator Authority either. Basically, I am emailing them from an email address I use and they are ignoring my requests except where I requested the telephone conversation transcript. They only respond to my Hotmail address which I do not use.

So I am preparing my finances to offer them £1 a month (for 62 months as the cost is £62.96 now they have added 8% interest) and return the letter requesting they write off the debt. The PPI claims company are in administration.

Putting it bluntly is it worth the hassle? Appreciate that it is not a lot of money but I have priority debts and just wish to focus upon those.

Thanks if you can and not to worry if I should just give in and pay them.

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X