• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dcblegal letter of claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dcblegal letter of claim

Could really do with some help. Recieved a letter of claim from Dcb legal re a parking awareness ticket in 2017. I moved from my previous addresa in 2020 and have been traced to address im using for post, which is also my work address by Dcb legal. I was in a coercive controlled relationship at the time of ticket on a previous vehicle and cant recall having had a ticket.
    my problem is I Need to send a SAR to the parking firm and it says I have to confirm correct address if I've moved. But I am still living at an undisclosed location due to the dangers from my previous relationship hence why I use work address for post. I don't know how they traced me, but this too has terrified me that I have been found. Ps I am self employed but this address is a regular employer of my services.
    I really don't know what to do and although I can't really afford to pay 160 I'm starting to think it would be less triggering than being traced and hounded
    hope someone can offer some advice
    s
    Tags: None

Hi SERENB

You can email the SAR to DCB Legal, it might be an idea to set up a alternative email provider, use a free service.
    They should be able to send the SAR data via email, they have 30 days to do that.

Really one for ostell to advise.

Comment

Thank you for reply.

I was aware I had to send Sar to the parking company and email dblegal to inform them I had done this? I've read so many forums and it's hard to take it all in as what is best for me to do.

Comment

Try a CPR 31.14 request to DCBL to get what documents they have, ie the PCN and you require details of the signs that created the alleged contract

Comment

So as OSTELL states, email DCBL, they have 14 days to respond with the documents they intend to rely on to make their claim, (Don't bother sending the SAR)

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...-of-documents/

Comment

Thats great thank you both very much.

Comment

Just to clarify now I've read the link you posted, I haven't had a court claim just a letter of claim ... is that the same thing or do I ignore this and wait for court claim?

Comment

They are in the court process by sending the letter before claim so the 31.14 request is part of this process.

A SAR request to the parking company would be a good idea if you can.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X