• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Default Notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default Notice

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I have had a default notice applied to my credit file ,by a mobile phone company. This default notice wasnt received and the first I knew of it , was when I applied for a mortgage.

Am I right in thinking, that under contract law, a default notice has to be sent to my address ,giving me a 14 day period to challenge? This was never received and the company in question cant produce a copy of it either.

Thanks in advance

Rachel
    Tags: None

I seem to think you are correct but wait for the more knowledgeable, as I have interest in this also.

Comment

Default notices are not required for mobile contracts, unless it is subject to the consumer credit act or the contract says they will issue a default notice. They can apply a default to your credit file where the relationship has broken down and this is usually where the contract has been terminated due to non-payment.

A very common reasons why people might not have received it is because you moved and failed to notify the mobile phone company. If you are in that same boat then it isn't their fault but yours for not letting them know. Of course they could have issued the default to a different address or you may never have received it.

Send a subject access request to the company and ask for all information they hold about you include your account history and notes, correspondence etc.
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Rob. I have on many occasions requested this default notice also sent Sar all so far have been avoided, now at a loss what action to take, still at the same address, as with the ghost summons until judgment granted, then have to pay and hope you have ccj removed.

Comment

Hi ,

I have made 3 SARs now and this week they finally responded. They have not been able to produce the original default notice , which they say they dont keep. I have not moved , been at my address for 15 years *♀️ . CAB have advised me , that my next step should be a letter of intention of court action.

Comment

Amazing how they can produce these documents when forced to, I tend to not take too much notice of CAB that is unless you receive the correct information. My advice is to post on Legal Beagles for safety check

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X