• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marston Payment Notice for Toll Road letter unknown Car Reg and name at my address

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marston Payment Notice for Toll Road letter unknown Car Reg and name at my address

Hi I have received a Payment notice letter from Marstons today on the 23/01 for a toll use on the 13/12/2020
    Both the car Reg and the person who it is lettered do not exist at my address also the recipient on the letter has only one name?
    Could you advice how to proceed with this letter and how to respond back?

any help appreciated

https://filebin.net/andc58tpl1fw7xps...jpg?t=cszuq3g5
    Tags: None

Ring them up and tell them. Also tell the DVLA that a vehicle "Reg number" has been incorrectly registered at your address.

Comment

Originally posted by paulajayne View Post
      Ring them up and tell them. Also tell the DVLA that a vehicle "Reg number" has been incorrectly registered at your address.
      Hi I have attempted ringing on a few occasions twice it just rang out and then hung up after an hour, there is callback service but it doesnt repeat my contact number when i enter it just repeats a blank so dont even know if it works and they havent called me back. They're very difficult to get hold of.

I've filed in their online form as well as emailed to their complaint to complaints@marstonholdings.co.uk department. Ive also sent a letter recorded delivery to:

Marston
      PO Box 12019
      Epping
      CM16 9EB

to further cover my back I sent a letter with recorded delivery to DVLA to give me proof that said person on Marston Letter does/doesnt have a car registered at my address. On their website it says they take 4 weeks to reply

Comment

You could well find that Marstons Office is closed for the forseeable with most of their staff working from home. Have you contacted the M6 Toll to see what they say https://www.m6toll.co.uk/contact-us/

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
          You could well find that Marstons Office is closed for the forseeable with most of their staff working from home. Have you contacted the M6 Toll to see what they say https://www.m6toll.co.uk/contact-us/
          Hi I received a confirmation email from Marston today with a generic reply that they are looking into it.

Ive just filled out the M6toll contact form as no harm in trying that as well thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mr_brum View Post

Hi I received a confirmation email from Marston today with a generic reply that they are looking into it.

Ive just filled out the M6toll contact form as no harm in trying that as well thanks

Got a call back few days later from the Marston and they required a utility bill and council tax letter so they can amend their records and cancel the fine.
            I also will send them a letter from the electoral register of the occupants of my home so there is no more comeback.

I spoke to M6toll and they have washed their hands of it and asked to sort it with Martsons.

Also I spoke to DVLA and under covid it will take 6-8 weeks to respond to my letter which i sent recorded delivery once I have proof I will forward that to both Marstons and M6toll so they can amend their records as well as I dont trust them to leave at that

Comment

Ok another update true to form they sent me another harrassment letter in the post claiming that they havent been contacted at all so I emailed them again with proof copied in my local MP and asked for call back on their contact number.
              This is just harrassment. If I get another letter I'll be seeking legal advice from a solicitor

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X