• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PRA Group letter before claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRA Group letter before claim

Hi guys I'm new to the forums and looking for further advice.

I've been in dealings with a number of debts and CCA requests and one was to PRA group who sent me a CCA request back with some documention.

This is relating to a capital one debt for around £1,100.

I've posted on another forum for a while now relating to my debts and they have been a fantastic help but wanted another second set of eyes on this as I am a little worried about court action.

They asked to see the T&C they sent me so I posted a copy up and while it has my name printed as it was done online after 2007 and an old address they have said that there appears to be a missing part of it which was "no right to cancellation box"

They also said - "
    the right to cancel box should be part of the CCA that you signed and they cant omit it..

I wonder if them say its not invalidates the whole agreement.

as its not part of the prescribed terms and it should be under the act"

I'm wondering if someone on here could have a look at this and let me know if I'm going down the right route?

I've been advised to fill in section 1 box D (I dispute the dept)

and

Section 4 box I (I need more documents or information)

The bit where I need more information they have asked me to request the CCA again suggesting it is not fully compliant but not give the game away what is missing like the default notice that should have come with it and the no right to cancellation box.

So if someone is good at this kind of stuff and let me know if I am going down the right route it would be appreciated?
    Tags: None

I just wanted to add I've just read another post from 2019, with them already sending me documents relating to a CCA request in July would it be worth asking for more information relating to that through the LBA or sending off another CCA request seperate saying all the information hasn't been sent yet and doing a SAR to capital one? I was originally paying the debt off through stepchange but debt companies kept changing hands and I didn't know who I was paying in the end so I stopped paying stepchange and went it alone with adive to ignore the debt companies after a year of PRA group having the debt I Sent off a CCA they eventually sent me.

So I'm confused now after reading another post. They have sent a copy of my credit CA but it's looks odd like there is bits missing. Which was suggested on another forum and a copy of statements which show what the card was used for but it's pretty hard to not look at it and not deny some of the stuff on them is what I actually used the card for.

Just wondering how far I can argue this

Comment

Are these forums pretty dead now? looked busy in 2016 but seems to have died off?

Comment

It is the weekend, people do have a life outside answering people's queries on a forum. If you are in a rush contact a solicitor tomorrow.

Comment

Hi, Sorry no not in a rush I just noticed a lot of 0 replies but I understand if it's an area people can't answer

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X