• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Legal Action against Car Dealership -Guidance anyone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal Action against Car Dealership -Guidance anyone?

Hi all,
    I bought a 2017 Volkswagen Kombi, that has had constant problems with the EGR valves since its purchase. Long story short the dash lights come on, VW recovery comes out, tells me I cannot drive it, its sent back to the dealer, they do a "flush" and give it back to me. Several months later, it happens again. I am missing work and stressed out of my head.
    Car dealer says VW protocol insists they flush it at least 4 times before VW will authorise the replacement of the actual valve, I have informed them the van is not fit for purpose and would like a replacement. They will "sell" me another, but it will cost me even more, not a replacement. Fixing this 2017 van (its pretty new!) this much has killed our confidence in the vehicle and we want our money back.

I am heading to the town hall to file in small claims court.. Can anyone give me guidance? BTW i bought the van for my ltd company as a work car.. so missing work and client meetings..

Ultimate resolution: My money back -all of it, plus missed work + legal fees if any or a new replacement that has been tested prior to sell. ** Car dealership admitted to not testing the vehicle prior to sale- verbally..
    Tags: None

Originally posted by jamison View Post
    Hi all,
    I bought a 2017 Volkswagen Kombi, that has had constant problems with the EGR valves since its purchase. Long story short the dash lights come on, VW recovery comes out, tells me I cannot drive it, its sent back to the dealer, they do a "flush" and give it back to me. Several months later, it happens again. I am missing work and stressed out of my head.
    Car dealer says VW protocol insists they flush it at least 4 times before VW will authorise the replacement of the actual valve, I have informed them the van is not fit for purpose and would like a replacement. They will "sell" me another, but it will cost me even more, not a replacement. Fixing this 2017 van (its pretty new!) this much has killed our confidence in the vehicle and we want our money back.

I am heading to the town hall to file in small claims court.. Can anyone give me guidance? BTW i bought the van for my ltd company as a work car.. so missing work and client meetings..

Ultimate resolution: My money back -all of it, plus missed work + legal fees if any or a new replacement that has been tested prior to sell. ** Car dealership admitted to not testing the vehicle prior to sale- verbally..
    Ok if this purchase was for your business, then it is not covered by the Consumer Rights Act 2015, in stead it falls under the Sale of Goods Act 1979. make sure you get the right claimant otherwise the defendant will be able to apply to strike out the claim on a technicality

Thats my first thoughts at least
    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X