• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

response to CCA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• response to CCA

Hi again can I have an opinion on the reply to my CCA request I think I have a defense due to the lack of a copy of a default notice and them saying that the Halifax sent me the only copy which seems a bit odd but they have provided a screenshot but is that proof of posting?
    Can I ask for proof of posting and what else can I do to make them unsure ,or should I wait to see if they continue to proceed with there threat to go to court ?
    do you think I have a strong enough defense for one of those no win no fee company's to have a look ?
    just some information about my problem
    The debt is for just over £10.200
    defaulted 24/2/2014
    the last payment I made was for £25 on the 3/3/2014
    as far as I can remember the Halifax sent me an expenditure form and agreed to pay £25 the then told me to stop paying as they had passed the account on to a DCA of which there as been a few since 2014 all fought of with the help of the ladies and gents of the G O O D F website both old and new finally selling the debt to 1st credit ,now intrum in June 2017.
    They sent me a Pre-action Protocol letter and I responded with the CCA and asked for further documentation .
    They have given me a further 30 days to respond until the 22nd of March.
    Thanks for Looking and any advice is welcome Andy
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Does sound like they have provided everything. Do you have the agreement they sent you you can post up pls - the original signed one (suitably redacted) not the later variation one.

Defaulted 24/2/2014 - the default notice was issued on 14/1/2014 according to the screenshot so seems there was enough time. They can provide a 'template' and evidence the date it was sent ( the original creditors screenshot is likely to be acceptable to the court) so I wouldn't rely solely on the default notice.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi thanks for looking, the only agreement I have had is the original one I signed presume this is the one you asked to see thanks Andy
      Attached Files

Comment

Okay looks alright ( isn't signed by halifax but normally it's got a stamp somewhere )- did they send the general credit card conditions as well ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi thanks for the reply , yes they did send me a credit card agreement Andy.
          Last edited by ande; 13th March 2019, 18:06:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X