• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Moriarty Law

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moriarty Law

Hi everyone,
    I have just received a letter threatening court action from Moriarty law, and have now started to receive texts from them. Several years ago i took out car insurance through iGO4, prior to the end of the term I notified them that I would not be renewing and asked them to cancel the direct debit. I then took out insurance, for the same car, with another firm. 4 months later I checked my DD's and found iGO4 was still taking money from my account. I contacted them and requested that they stop and return the money taken. They agreed to stop but then started chasing me for payment for the rest of the year which I refused to pay having explained that I had notified them, prior to the start of the policy, of my intention to cancel and had insurance through another company. some months later I was contacted by a DCA, I explained the same to them and they agreed to return the issue to iGO4. Now several years later I have received a letter from Moriarty Law starting that they are acting in turn for another company chasing a debt for iGO4. I'm in the middle of buying a house and could really do without this but strongly feel that just capitulating is the wrong approach. Any guidance will be gratefully received.

thanks
    Tags: None

prior to the end of the term I notified them that I would not be renewing and asked them to cancel the direct debit.
    How did you do this? Telephone or in writing. I think you need to send a Subject Access Request Letter to iGo4 to find out what happened and why the insurance renewed automatically despite you having cancelled it.

What company are Moriarty acting for? You should write to Moriarty and the company that owns the debt explaining the same again, that the debt is in dispute with the original creditor and why and that the account should be placed on hold while you get it sorted out.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X