• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** DISCONTINUED / settled in part ** Crying for help ! Please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Crying for help ! Please!

I sent the CCA request to the Claimant "Cabot" and CPR request to the Solicitors , I enclosed a copy of my CCA letter to them and endorsed it as a copy letter to Cabot.

Comment

okay I will do another letter (uhmm .. what letter?! [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] [MENTION=81301]micro[/MENTION] 🤔 )
      [MENTION=3599]MIKE770[/MENTION] yes I will follow the court instructions thank you ☺️

Comment

Originally posted by Shann23 View Post
        I sent the CCA request to the Claimant "Cabot" and CPR request to the Solicitors , I enclosed a copy of my CCA letter to them and endorsed it as a copy letter to Cabot.
        If you've sent a CCA Request to the Claimant (Cabot) and a CPR 31.14 Request to their solicitors (Mortimer Clarke) then you have no need to reply to that letter.

If they want to know what documents you've got in your possession they can jolly well make an application to the court for disclosure. They may struggle to achieve that since this is a £500 claim in the Small Claims Court.

They're hoping you'll hand over the documents which they haven't got and may never get, and know that they can't enforce the debt in court without them.

The letter says "to avoid duplication". What duplication? How can they duplicate a document in your possession if they haven't got it in their possession.

Nice try

Di

Comment

Hi Di, so shall I just ignore the letter and prepare my defence? my defence need to be done on the 10th Dec but I know better to do it at least 3 days before that.

Comment

shall I just ignore the letter and prepare my defence?
            That has to be your decision.

But if I received that letter I wouldn't reply. You don't have to reply to everything except court stuff.

You should be glad they sent it though because it (a) acknowledges receipt of your s.78 CCA Request and (b) admits that they don't have the documents. It also appears to refer to receipt of your CPR 31.14 Request.

That may become a useful exhibit further down the line. Keep it safe

Di

Comment

it said though that "We believe you already "inspected" the documents to which you make reference because various dates in the past they would have been sent you by another party such as the original creditor. . . . This firm does not hold the documentation you have requested
              Maybe I should add don't tell them what you haven't got either.

If they think you haven't got a copy of the DN or NOA or CCA then they may feel free to reconstitute one (because they don't have one of their own) in the belief that you'll never know their recreation is flawed if you've not got a "duplicate" one to compare it with.

If you don't recall receiving these documents from the original creditor then you can tell them that in your Defence and not a minute before.

A solicitor's response to a letter like that would be "we don't litigate through correspondence"

Di

Comment

yes Di I see your point thanks ☺️ .. so yeah I guess I'll just get ready for my defence.. 😊

Comment

Hi there,
                  I received a letter today from Cabot ..
                  " I acknowledge receipt of your request under sections 77-78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. However , I have been unable to locate your account under the details you have provided. I have therefore returned your £1 fee with this letter. Therefore I respectfully request that you obtain a correct Cabot reference number and forward it to us in order for your request to be actioned. In the mean time we thank you for your cooperation."

Strange?? 🙄

Comment

Do I need to send them another letter?!

Comment

Post # 22

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− CLAIM NUMBER:

Please treat this letter as a formal request for you to supply a copy of my Consumer Credit Agreement as is my entitlement under sections 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

I require you to provide me with a true copy, or reconstituted copy of the credit agreement relating to . . . .
                      ^ ^ ^ ^ did you put the county court claim reference number on your CCA Request?

That could be the problem.

If so you need to re-send with the Cabot reference number on it.

Di

Comment

yes I did put the Claim number with (Cabot VS my name) ?! yes I will send them the letter again tomorrow .

Comment

I will send them the letter again tomorrow.. is it a good idea to attach a copy of the claim form or the letter from the solicitors? Thanks Di.. 😊

Comment

I will send them the letter again tomorrow.. is it a good idea to attach a copy of the claim form or the letter from the solicitors?
                            No just send the CCA Request with nothing attached to Cabot. Make sure you get proof of posting.

Di

Comment

[MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION]

I would be incandescent if, having taken out a court case against me, the Claimant couldn't (or couldn't be bothered to, more like!) identify a request via the court ref number.
                              Even if they send out thousands of them, it smacks of lack of respect to the courts.
                              Do they really think that 'a correct Cabot reference no.' takes precedence.
                              Arrogant gits!
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                              gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thanks again Di, and [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] I think they just want "more time" to that 12+2 days?!🤔😕

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X