• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** DISCONTINUED / settled in part ** Crying for help ! Please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not entirely clear but it seems to be saying the £200 wasn't necessary. We should ask for it back xxx and ask them not to send you further letters / statements etc.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

• Amethyst thank you! I was worried receiving their letter I would really like them to stop sending anything to me or maybe just 1 last letter from them saying it’s closed and no further letter to received and the £200 back Thank you again!! I will stop worrying now!!

Comment

• hip hip hooray

Comment

• MIKE770 yes defo hip hip hooray! I was just worried when I opened their letter today At least I know thats its nothing and some standard letter from them. Thank You so much to ALL of you

Comment

• Okay, well my letter writing brain seems to have stayed in last week, just realised this pile of poop has taken me almost an hour to write lol... anyway, hopefully it serves as a starting point even though it isn't the most eloquant.

Your address

DATE

Cabot's address

Dear Ms Gerald
            REF: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thank you for your letter dated xxxxxxx October 2018. I am grateful that you have accepted my contention that your
            county court claim issued 6th November 2016 was already out of time pursuant to the Limitations Act 1980.

We continue to disagree that the £1 payment made in 2011 was a payment towards the account, as it was not, and was a statutory fee paid for a formal request under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, however I am willing to accept that the payment was erroneously applied to the account, and then removed, by a debt collection agency and the request never passed on ( indeed, I never received a response). In any case I appreciate that you have made efforts to investigate my contentions have responded to my letter dated xxxxx August 2018.

You are aware that the Notice of Discontinuance in the case was issued on xxxxxx September 2018, however as agreed I made payment of the agreed sum of £200 in settlement by bank transfer on xxxxx 2018. Your letter states that the account will be closed entirely and that the settlement offered upon discontinuance of the claim is no longer required, due to the confirmation from the original creditor that the account was indeed time barred and unenforceable, and I would therefore appreciate it if you could return the £200 to me. You can do this by cheque, made payable to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, and sent to my address detailed above.

In addition you state that I should not receive any further contact from Cabot or your agents in regards the account. I received a letter from Cabot dated xxxxxxxxx 2018 which included a 'Statement of Account' and requested full payment of £686.19. It appears this is an automated letter of some kind, however I am sure you can understand this has caused me concern, as I had already made the settlement payment of £200 agreed, and considered the matter at an end.

Once you have made the refund of the sum paid in settlement, it would be much appreciated if you can ensure that my data is removed entirely from Cabot's systems, so that I do not continue to receive automated letters which simply serve to cause concern.

Kind regards

Shann
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

• Did you get this Shann23 ?
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

• Amethyst I just got it now as I didn’t have the phone . is it okay to send this letter now ? thank you so much. x

Comment

• Okay updated to account for the new letter you've received

Your address

DATE

Cabot's address

Dear Ms Gerald
                  REF: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
                  Thank you for your letter dated xxxxxxx October 2018. I am grateful that you have accepted my contention that your

county court claim issued 6th November 2016 was already out of time pursuant to the Limitations Act 1980.

We continue to disagree that the £1 payment made in 2011 was a payment towards the account, as it was not, and was a statutory fee paid for a formal request under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, however I am willing to accept that the payment was erroneously applied to the account, and then removed, by a debt collection agency and the request never passed on ( indeed, I never received a response). In any case I appreciate that you have made efforts to investigate my contentions have responded to my letter dated xxxxx August 2018.
                  You are aware that the Notice of Discontinuance in the case was issued on xxxxxx September 2018, however as agreed I made payment of the agreed sum of £200 in settlement by bank transfer on xxxxx 2018. Your letter states that the account will be closed entirely and
                  that the settlement offered upon discontinuance of the claim is no longer required, due to the confirmation from the original creditor that the account was indeed time barred and unenforceable, and I would therefore appreciate it if you could return the £200 to me. You can do this by cheque, made payable to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, and sent to my address detailed above.

In addition you state that I should not receive any further contact from Cabot or your agents in regards the account. I received a letter from Cabot dated xxxxxxxxx 2018 which included a 'Statement of Account' and requested full payment of £686.19. I thought this may be automated letter of some kind, however I have now received a further letter which is the same, yet shows a payment of £200 against the balance leaving £486.19 owed. I am sure you can understand this has caused me much concern, as I had already made the settlement payment of £200 agreed, and considered the matter at an end.
                  Once you have made the refund of the sum paid in settlement, it would be much appreciated if you can ensure that my data is removed entirely from Cabot's systems, so that I do not continue to receive automated letters which simply serve to cause concern.

Kind regards

Shann
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

• Thank You so much! I will send the letter tomorrow! Thank you again.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X