• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

*** CLAIM DISMISSED *** Pra Group Letter Before Claim Received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pra Group Letter Before Claim Received

Originally posted by Minnie1516 View Post
    I've been racking my brains trying to think if I could remember seeing any terms and I really can't.
    Maybe that's something you may wish to include in your Witness Statement if things get that far (you've not even got a claim yet).

It's up to the Claimant to prove that they provided you with the Ts & Cs when you signed up (if you did) to this Virgin credit card account.

Di

Comment

This really is a minefield to me. I am so grateful to you and everyone who has taken the time to offer their advice.

Comment

Hi again,

I have today received a County Court Business Centre Claim form from PRA.

What do I do now?!

Comment

I have today received a County Court Business Centre Claim form from PRA.

What do I do now?!
          Why am I not surprised

How much is the claim?

Di

Comment

Posted on 22nd August:

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
            My thought would be a short letter thanking them for their responses to your requests for information, and you are sure that they must be aware the documents are not complaint with the CCA 1974.
            Your reply:

Would something like this be ok?

RECEIPT OF DOCUMENTS

I am writing to acknowledge receipt of a raw data sheet and credit card statements.

However, as I am sure you are aware, these documents are not compliant with the CCA 1974 request.

I await a CCA, Default Notice and Notice of Assignment as requested in in my formal requests under CPR 31.15 and the Consumer Credit Act s.77-79, in order for me to assess my position.You must provide the agreement under the CCA to enforce the agreement at all.

I do not acknowledge any debt is owed and your failure to provide this information will be brought to the attention of the court in defence o any proceedings, should you proceed with court action.

Yours sincerely...
            Did you actually send that letter to PRA?

Di

Comment

Hi. I didn't send a letter in the end. The claim is for over £9,000 (the letter before claim was just over £7000).

Comment

The claim is for over £9,000
                Okay.

What is the exact amount on the claim form?

Di

Comment

I don't have the form with me but it was £9900 and something. The total on the letter before claim was £7200 and something, I think.

I'm really worried. Any advice would be great.

Comment

Any news of what happened?

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Sorry all went quiet here, I can now share some fantastic news with you all.

My case did end up going to Court, something which I really wanted to avoid.

However, because of the wonderful and incredible advice and support from [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION] and Jo and the team at Joanna Connelly Solicitors, I had the confidence to go to Court.

It was the most nerve wracking and daunting experience but with such an amazing team fighting my corner, I am so glad I went through with it because we won! The case against me was dismissed and all because of 'Team Jo' and their determination to fight against this awful company.

It has been such weight lifted from my daily life. For almost a year, I have constantly been worrying about this and to be free of it, is just the most amazing feeling and I cannot thank Jo, Di and the whole team enough for the change they have made to my life.

So, to anyone in a similar position, although scary, things really can get so much better with the right support and advice.

Thank you all so much!

Comment

That's great news Minnie, Congratulations, and thank you so much for coming back and letting us know how things went
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: *** CLAIM DISMISSED *** Pra Group Letter Before Claim Received

Well done, Minnie.

& well played, Jo, Di & co.
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                          gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Oh wow!! Well done to you and thank you to all concerned - Diana M and Jo for their work and Leagle Beagles for enabling this to happen. What a resource!!

Thank you also for telling us what happened.

QCK
                            x
                            Hi Everyone,

However, because of the wonderful and incredible advice and support from @Diana M and Jo and the team at Joanna Connelly Solicitors, I had the confidence to go to Court.

It was the most nerve wracking and daunting experience but with such an amazing team fighting my corner, I am so glad I went through with it because we won! The case against me was dismissed and all because of 'Team Jo' and their determination to fight against this awful company.

It has been such weight lifted from my daily life. For almost a year, I have constantly been worrying about this and to be free of it, is just the most amazing feeling and I cannot thank Jo, Di and the whole team enough for the change they have made to my life.

So, to anyone in a similar position, although scary, things really can get so much better with the right support and advice.

Thank you all so much!

Comment

Re: *** CLAIM DISMISSED *** Pra Group Letter Before Claim Received

Your first thread post in July last year >

I have received a letter before claim from PRA Group.

It refers to an MBNA card which they claim I 'entered into a written agreement numbered **************** on or about 30/08/05'. It goes on to say 'By an assignment in writing dated 24/10/12 the creditor assigned the debt to PRA Group'. I have received no letters/telephone calls regarding this and I am unsure of how to respond.

Please help!
                              It appears the DJ didn't agree with the contents of that PRA letter

You shouldn't have had to endure nearly a year of torture which followed. Anyway it's over now so you can get on with your life.

Well done for having the guts to undergo a barrister's cross examination. A credible witness can make a difference. You and your evidence were believed. So I should think!

Di

Comment

Hi Everyone,

However, because of the wonderful and incredible advice and support from @Diana M and Jo and the team at Joanna Connelly Solicitors, I had the confidence to go to Court.

Thank you all so much!

Thank you for the kind words - it was a pleasure helping you out of a difficult situation.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X