• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

*** WON *** Lowells Claim for Capital One Card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lowells Claim for Capital One Card

Originally posted by ADDLED View Post
    almost as an afterthought she said "oh, wait a second, since this is being recorded I have something to add..."

. . . . went along the lines of "unnecessarily long and drawn out process, claimant repeatedly failed to comply with orders, defendant repeatedly put claimant to task to provide evidence which was un forthcoming, exemplary conduct from defendant, failure to attend..."
    That's brilliant news! Well Done You

The DJ also sounds a bit scathing of the previous DJ who allowed the Claimant more time to get their act together which (a) they failed to do and (b) they disrespected the court by not even showing up for the occasion.

You may want to splash out on a transcript of her Judgment as a souvenir.

Di

Comment

Well done beagles!
      That's a good idea - how much would a transcript cost me?
      Also I had another letter from lowells suggesting I drop my defence. I read Private Eye so shall I write back and refer them to Arkell vs Pressdram?

Comment

That's a good idea - how much would a transcript cost me?
        It depends on the number of words. I've just paid around £60 for one which lasted about 15 mins talk-time.

While the judgment won't be case law as such (only upper court rulings are) it may be persuasive to another DJ in another case in the county court where the Defendant finds themselves in a similar legal position as you were in (depending on what she said of course). Did she refer to any legal arguments?

Di

Comment

I had another letter from lowells suggesting I drop my defence. I read Private Eye so shall I write back and refer them to Arkell vs Pressdram?
          It's tempting

I would post the exchange or correspondence but I believe this forum has a swear filter so here's a link for those who don't know the reference > http://www.lettersofnote.com/2013/08...pressdram.html

I hope you and your dog are enjoying your afternoon celebrations.

Di

Comment

• Re: *** WON *** Lowells Claim for Capital One Card

With an Eye on reverse paraphrasing.
            That's justice........enjoy the Xmas banana!
            http://home.bt.com/news/world-news/m...11363982556292
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Is it possible to get the Lowells default wiped off my credit file?

Comment

Is it possible to get the Lowells default wiped off my credit file?
                The fact that a debt was not enforceable in court unfortunately does not mean it does not exist, it will be reported until the 6th anniversary of the default date.

Lowell did not originate the default and there usual response to requests to remove defaults from credit files is as said above.

It is also the fact that the Information Commissioners Office requires credit file to show an accurate and up to date profile of the conduct of an account.

You can certainly contact both Lowell ( Andrew Bartle) and Capone to see if they will agree to remove the entry as a "gesture of good will".

nem

Comment

do not hold your breath they no doubt stick to the rules/guidelines, do not try to be too clever.

Comment

Thanks Nem.
                    The thing is that Lowells have registered a default after they took over the file, so it is later than the original default registered by Capital One, so i technically have two defaults registered for the same alleged debt. I didn't think this was allowed.

Also, the Capital One default letter didn't give a date by which to remedy, so didn't comply with CCA 1974. Does that mean the default entry is incorrect?

Tks
                    ADD

Comment

No the O.Co. would of entered a Default = Lowells would only be able to change ownership but the original date stands, concentrate on the real matters.

Capital One defaults if incorrect do not tell them usfull court info

Comment

Thanks Nem.
                        The thing is that Lowells have registered a default after they took over the file, so it is later than the original default registered by Capital One, so i technically have two defaults registered for the same alleged debt. I didn't think this was allowed.

Also, the Capital One default letter didn't give a date by which to remedy, so didn't comply with CCA 1974. Does that mean the default entry is incorrect?

Tks
                        ADD
                        Hello Add,

Have you got screen shots of the credit file entries? How different are the default dates?

The ICO's view is that both the original creditors entry and the debt purchasers details should be shown side by side as it the true picture of the conduct of the account.

If it can be proved that Lowell altered the original default date significantly then it's open to challenge.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                          Capital One defaults if incorrect do not tell them usfull court info
                          The court claim has already been dismissed

Di

Comment

Opppsssssssssssss testing eep:

Comment

Lowells have registered a default after they took over the file, so it is later than the original default registered by Capital One, so i technically have two defaults registered for the same alleged debt. I didn't think this was allowed.
                              No it's not allowed.

Only one creditor (the current one) can report on your CRA file (and the information must be accurate). I'm assuming you mean both Cap1 and Lowells are showing?

Is the Capital One default from more than six years ago or getting close to that ?

Di

Comment

Hello Adds,

The original creditors entry should be marked as "settled" after Lowell bought the debt, then Lowell should add its details as the new creditor but the default dates must be the same.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X