• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**STRUCK OUT!!** Lowell solicitors and ccj with Northampton County Court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell solicitors and ccj with Northampton County Court

Morning guys... I really need your advice here.

Well today I've had a call from the mediators. Trying to book in a suitable time for mediation.
    As previously, I still have had NO letters or proof of this being sold to them from Very, or that the £2,000 exists that I have to pay them.

I I did owe approx £1,200 to very and stopped paying. So I know of it goes to court the judge will say this is due to be paid.

So the mediators asked if I had all information which I said no to Lowells providing nothin and he said the next step would be to go to court... Which I don't really want

what at an I best doing try mediation and wait to offer them a good will gesture (as said by the mediator) or do I refuse the mediation due to lack of evidence from Lowells!!!

Help llo please as I need to ring the mediators back ASAP to conform my next step

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Roddaz77 View Post
      So what happens then when? As I will have to put I don't have the evidence I require. They haven't sent me anything?

I dont int want to go to court, but I don't want. A ccj

thanks again

Good morning,

The claim will be returned to your local court for judges directions as to how the claim will proceed. ( not as bad as it sounds).

Lowell Solicitors have an unprecedented record of failures since Lowell dumped the useless Bryan Carter LLP, Filing late or not at all, they push to the wire and then either discontinue or the claim is struck out.

nem

Comment

Thank you nem

ill go go back to mediation now and say they have not given me enough information and that mediation can't be held due to Lowells not providing me with any details from very.

I then await the court case, or hopefully the case being struck out.

Thanks again

Comment

So today's update is I have spoken to mediation and advised them I can't continue with this route as they have not supplied me with any information as requested.

I asked mediation to put this in the notes as they said they were now going to send off to the courts !!!! Eeeeeek

hope ow this will get resolved soon and hope that Lowells will now do as you say and either get discontinued or the claim struck out

keep your fingers crossed for me

Comment

I've recieved a letter today from hmcts in Bradford ... As I said that mediation wasn't an option after not getting info off Lowells

I'ts arrived at home today and not been able to open it yet but logged on to MCOL and its showing that it's now been transferred to the court in my home town!!!!

Omg what do I do now it's gone to court!!

Is is there still time for Lowells to pull this (even though i think they will now chance their arm on getting the judge to action this)

Really worrried now

thanks

Comment

they are known for the last minute discontinue? no guarantee depends on their real case! just follow court instructions and not what lowells may say! (Dirty Tricks)

Comment

Back again

Today ive got a letter from my local courts.

General form arm of judgment or order.
                Before district judge sitting at the county court at .....

gives me 9 orders etc ...

then on page 3 says the hearing will take place on the ... October 2106

a hearing fee payable by July by the claimant (is that Lowell??)
                of £170

also goes on to say about mediation. Obviously this is not going to happen as they have not sent me ANY info..

so so what is happening now with this, will they pull this or will it go to court?

Thanks

Comment

claimant Lowells

mediation agree to take place then if the Claimant has not given you all asked for in CPR31.14 you will tell Mediation who who then say no mediation can take place and case pass back to the courts

They usually try and go as far as they can hoping you are none the wiser and cave in, then if they feel they have no case either discontinue or do nothing and the case is Stayed - how long well depends if they pay to open the case up again!

Comment

I've said i would do mediation before I got this letter, but told them I didn't have the relevant information to 'decide'

they have a be not sent me anything.

Its now now refered to court .. For a hearing in October ...

So if lowells DONT pay the court few as it says they have to do this by the end of July then what happens? Does it get thrown out and no ccj issued? And they then start chasing me again??

sorry if I sound like I'm repeating, I'm just trying to make sure I'm 100% tight on what I do.

Is there anything I need to do now or just wait til the end of July and see if they pay £170!! To take it to court??

Comment

not pay then case is usually stayed await any court instructions, you can ring the court later july see if they paid?

Comment

Thanks Mike

Comment

Let us know anything received meantime!

Comment

Having a little panic, is it now down to Lowells to pay the courts .. If they do, do I not need to do anything apart from wait and see if they fail to take this further...

I hope they don't and then this can be thrown out !!

Never been so stressed in my life

Comment

Having a little panic, is it now down to Lowells to pay the courts .. If they do, do I not need to do anything apart from wait and see if they fail to take this further...

No, you don't need to do anything. Waiting is not pleasant but such is the nature of the legal process, it takes a long time to progress. Even if they pay the hearing fee, Lowell will still have to come up with the documents at least 14 days before your hearing date so a discontinuance cannot be ruled out.

Comment

Lowell Must pay the court fee otherwise they cannot take the claim forward.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X