• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**STRUCK OUT!!** Lowell solicitors and ccj with Northampton County Court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell solicitors and ccj with Northampton County Court

So just to get things right...
    I need to tick the mediation box and send off...
    Then wait to see what happens next.

Lowell have not sent me anything from solicitors or Lowells themselves about the credit agreement or number etc and not sent me anything since they sent the ccj letter off the court.

Im so thankful your here to help and guide me. I'd never have been able to get through any of this without you guys ....

I dont know what will happen next now with these and if I'll end up getting a ccj (I hope not) and if these awful awful people will get money off me but following your advice I've come this far so the journey continues ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roddaz77 View Post
      I need to tick the mediation box and send off... yes
      Then wait to see what happens next. yes

Lowell have not sent me anything from solicitors or Lowells themselves about the credit agreement no CCA no enforcement or number etc and not sent me anything since they sent the ccj letter off the court.

Im so thankful your here to help and guide me. I'd never have been able to get through any of this without you guys ....

I dont know what will happen next now with these and if I'll end up getting a ccj (I hope not) and if these awful awful people will get money off me but following your advice I've come this far so the journey continues ...

Comment

I need to tick the mediation box and send off...
        Then wait to see what happens next.

Lowell have not sent me anything from solicitors or Lowells themselves about the credit agreement or number etc and not sent me anything since they sent the ccj letter off the court.

Yes wait , but please be aware that the court processes continue so don't delay filing any documents from the court.

Mediation: HMCTS Small Claims Mediation Service will contact you usually by phone and will ask you some questions, most importantly they will want to know if you have All the documents you need to allow you to mediate, if you cannot answer yes to this it is unlikely that mediation will take place in this situation the claim will be allocated to your local court for a judge to give directions on how the claim shall proceed.

nem

Comment

Thanks nem

so so they haven't sent me any forms, no doubt they will lie through their teeth and say they have... However as you say mediation won't go even if I tick it, which I will.

When it it goes to a local court, what's the process there? Is the ccj still enforceable by the local court or will it be a case they judge says I pay X amount back to them, or they will get Lowell to get documents to me and then call back?

Sorry for the quiz questions, just never done this before.

Thanks again

Comment

Thanks nem

so so they haven't sent me any forms, no doubt they will lie through their teeth and say they have... However as you say mediation won't go even if I tick it, which I will.

When it it goes to a local court, what's the process there? Is the ccj still enforceable by the local court or will it be a case they judge says I pay X amount back to them, or they will get Lowell to get documents to me and then call back?

Sorry for the quiz questions, just never done this before.

Thanks again
            Never worry about asking questions at any time, it can be embarrassing to get before judge who asks an explanation of a defence statement and you don't know what it means.

nem

Comment

Will I need to pay court costs for the local court?

As as this was suggested by the county court when I phoned them, I'm just scared it's going to cost me lots of money I don't have on top of the proposed £2k that Lowells want off me
              sometimes you wonder what's the point in being honest when they are doing this to me

its really staring ring to stress me out and I can't cope

Comment

Hi,

The cost are included in the claim you only pay them if you lose.

nem

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Recieved a letter from Lowells yesterday.
                    They have returned a DQ to me with their responses on it.

they agree to be referred to the small claims court, they agree the small claims track is appropriate track for the case.

they won't be Sui g an expert for evidence or have a witness.

So do I guess once I have done the same with saying mediation is a good idea I will be getting a phone call.

still NO letters off them regards to cca request etc ...

just out out of interest what happens once mediation is not appropriate, will it go to court and then the court will say I owe them money and give me a ccj if I can't pay?

Comment

You can't have mediation due to the lack of papers but I doubt they will produce the relevant documents so my guess is you'll get a letter of discontinuance shortly after ...

Comment

Thanks, what does that mean in terms of the court, the debts etc :-)
                        I'm going to have to buy you all pints if this works out ��

Comment

They cease action against you and they inform the court of such and yourself by letter and the 6 year period continues as if action was never started...

Comment

So I've today reveiced a letter back from the courts.

small claims telephone mediation service

given three appointment dates
                            and says then about mediation requirements:

1: flexibility etc...
                            2: have enough information about the claim to enter negotiations and I don't require further evidence from the other party BEFORE the appointment
                            3: available on the following. Dates..

well ive had nothing from Lowells about the account as requested. No doubt they will lie.. So what do I do now with this as it says it will go to a hearing
                            it says if a mediation is carried out we both try and resolve the dispute and draw up a settlement ...

so what do I do now with this please.

i

Comment

So I've today reveiced a letter back from the courts.

small claims telephone mediation service

given three appointment dates
                              and says then about mediation requirements:

1: flexibility etc...
                              2: have enough information about the claim to enter negotiations and I don't require further evidence from the other party BEFORE the appointment
                              3: available on the following. Dates..

well ive had nothing from Lowells about the account as requested. No doubt they will lie.. So what do I do now with this as it says it will go to a hearing
                              it says if a mediation is carried out we both try and resolve the dispute and draw up a settlement ...

so what do I do now with this please.

i
                              You answer the questions in regard to your ability to mediate honestly. without the documents you cannot be prepared adequately for mediation,

nem

Comment

So what happens then when? As I will have to put I don't have the evidence I require. They haven't sent me anything?

I dont int want to go to court, but I don't want. A ccj

thanks again

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X