• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**STRUCK OUT!!** Lowell solicitors and ccj with Northampton County Court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell solicitors and ccj with Northampton County Court

Can submit on line but also follow up recorded delivery as backup just in case!

Comment

Thank you, hopefully I can get this away from a ccj and make them think they can't bully people.

Hopefully get a good decision on this and move forwards in my aim to be debt free

Comment

Originally posted by Roddaz77 View Post
        Aww thank you so much for the help...
        So for my defence I should send that off that I've posted on here without para 4 as you said that we a bit dodgy. Yes.

Do I send the letter via recorded delivery to Northampton county court or can I submit online??

nem
        Thank you
        Online at MCOL or by post (signed for) my preferred method as MCOL is " touch" to say the least.

Comment

Sent off to the county court today recorded delivery.

Wish me luck

Comment

Sent off to the county court today recorded delivery.

Wish me luck
            Indeed Good Luck!!

nem

Comment

What happens now.

I have sent off the paperwork recorded delivery and I will go online tonite and submit the defence on MCOL

Will the courts be in touch? Will Lowell now get in touch? What is my next course of action!

Thank you again in advance

Comment

Track and Trace - Track your Item

Check the progress of your deliveries

do not forget to use the Royal Mail above system to track and print off receipts.

Comment

[QUOTE=Roddaz77;643761]What happens now.

I have sent off the paperwork recorded delivery and I will go online tonite and submit the defence on MCOL

Will the courts be in touch? Will Lowell now get in touch? What is my next course of action!

The court will pass the defence to the claimants solicitors. Lowell then has 28 days to respond to the defence, if they don't do so in time the court will stay the claim.

If this happens you will Not be informed so if you hear nothing from Lowell Sols or the court by the time the 28 days has elapsed you will need to phone the court to check on the status of the claim.

nem

Comment

Had letter back from county court saying that Lowells now have 28 days to respond and may be in touch or it will be 'stay'

what do I do next

Comment

Had letter back from county court saying that Lowells now have 28 days to respond and may be in touch or it will be 'stay'

what do I do next
                      As already stated by Nemesis after 28 days if you have not heard anything ring the court to ask the up to date situation i.e. has it been stayed>?

Comment

Today I have recieved a DQ from the court (the letter came from hmcts sscs in Bradford)
                        its says the case is defended but I need fill in a questionare with small claims court. Reading on net it's saying Lowell or me should have tried to work this out? Before the date in june on the form.

however after submitting my defence in April it is on weds that this could be stayed - and I would have phoned the courts..

please help me what is this now and have they lost the right to ccj me?
                        Do I ring them and offer.

Comment

hi roddaz77
                          ive just received a DQ from the court, exactley the same it came from bradford, mine is for £1200 vodafone bill, ive told them its statue barred,sent three cheques for £1 asking for a cca no reply , asked them for a breakdown how they came to this figure, no response, off to fill in the forms and give lowells some headaches, one minute they debt collectors, and then all of a sudden they are solicitors, and everything comes from northampton, which is a bulk centre and not a proper courts, does corporate fraud ring any bells, and how vodafone as the cheek to chase debts when they wont pay any tax its beyond me.

Comment

Today I have recieved a DQ from the court (the letter came from hmcts sscs in Bradford)
                            its says the case is defended but I need fill in a questionare with small claims court. Reading on net it's saying Lowell or me should have tried to work this out? Before the date in june on the form.

however after submitting my defence in April it is on weds that this could be stayed - and I would have phoned the courts..

please help me what is this now and have they lost the right to ccj me?
                            Do I ring them and offer.
                            You must complete the DQ and send a copy to the court and the claimants solicitors, whatever else is going on, did you opt for mediation?This is all part of the normal court process.

Check with the court around 30 days or so from the date the claimant received the defence there is some backlog in the system.

nem

Comment

I've just spoken to the county court, I couldn't wait ... They have said that Lowells have recieved defence and said they was to pursue. I haven't recieved ANY letters off them regarding cca etc. No contact whatsoever and they are now saying they want to carry on with the claim.

These are awful people...

Ive not sent form off yet but after speaking to a nice lady at at business centre in Northampton she mentioned mediation and yes I think I will go down that route, but what does this mean to me. But then if they don't agree it could go to court near me !!!!

She said I could speak to the Lowell solicitors and see what they are doing and see if I could agree anything with them but I'm not sure.

I'll do anything I can to stop getting a ccj on my file but paying £2,000 to these con merchants is something I despise doing.

so is my next step to send off this form with mediation and DONT ring Lowells and then wait for the next letter off the court

thank you

Comment

I've just spoken to the county court, I couldn't wait ... They have said that Lowells have recieved defence and said they was to pursue. I haven't recieved ANY letters off them regarding cca etc. No contact whatsoever and they are now saying they want to carry on with the claim.

These are awful people...

Ive not sent form off yet but after speaking to a nice lady at at business centre in Northampton she mentioned mediation and yes I think I will go down that route, but what does this mean to me. But then if they don't agree it could go to court near me !!!!

She said I could speak to the Lowell solicitors and see what they are doing and see if I could agree anything with them but I'm not sure.

I'll do anything I can to stop getting a ccj on my file but paying £2,000 to these con merchants is something I despise doing.

so is my next step to send off this form with mediation and DONT ring Lowells and then wait for the next letter off the court

thank you
                                Hi,

The HMCTS Small Claims Mediation Service despite what court staff may say will decline to mediate IF you have not received the documents requested via CCA or CPR31.14 . Lowell Solicitors are it seems taking a view that if they push hard enough the alleged debt will fall over and pay without getting any proof that the debt is actually enforceable. Do Not speak to Lowell by phone!!

As yet I for one cannot see any reason or enforceability that should lead you into making any payment or offer of payment at this stage.

The likely scenario is that Lowell will agree to mediate but will not have the documents to enable them to continue, ticking yes to mediation does not mean it will definitely take place.
                                Get the form sent 1 copy court , one copy claimants sols. 1 copy for you.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X