• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

*** DISCONTINUED*** Help.. Received a Claim form!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help.. Received a Claim form!

Originally posted by mattty View Post
    Thanks @nemesis45, i will be counting the days
    Matt
    Please keep us up to speed on developments.

nem

Comment

Hi again [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION]
      Hope your well..
      Just a quick message to let you know that still nothing received apart from the one letter i mentioned before from Lowell solicitors to state
      (We note the contents and write to advise that we have requested the required documents from our client and will forward to you upon receipt.
      We also confirm we are in receipt of your defence.
      Lowell solicitors)

My defence was served onto lowell on 11/01/16, so approaching the 28days, do i need to do anything else or just keep waiting until after the 28days? if it passes 28days and still nothing heard or received,what do i have to do next?
      Many thanks
      Matt

Comment

Hi [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] or anyone that can help
        Can anyone help as i do not want to miss any deadline i should be sticking to, as if i am working it out correctly then Lowells 28days are up tomorrow?
        Many thanks
        Matt

Comment

If the claim is stayed you could apply to have the claim struck out of the grounds that they have not replied to the defence and have not supplied any documents. This does carry a cost although you can apply without a hearing (£50) and you should write to the claimant before doing so inviting them to withdraw to save further costs and time etc. Give the court a call in a few days to check if it has been stayed first though.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thankyou [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION].
            I will leave till the end of the week and then give the court a call to see if it has been stayed.
            If it is stayed,what does that mean to me if i then did nothing??
            Or should i then be writing to then claimant or the claimant solicitors to ask for it to be withdrawn on the grounds that you have said,time costs ect?
            Thanks again everyone for getting me this far

Comment

If you did nothing at the point the claim would just sit on hold for an indeterminable period... then IF the solicitors/claimant find the documents, they apply to lift stay, strike out your defence and claim judgment... so it best to try and get it sorted out than just ride along.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thankyou, i will call the court and see if it is now stayed and then take it from there
                Matt

Comment

Hi @nemesis45 or @Amethyst

The 28days from serving defence on my case was up on 8/9th feb and still have heard nothing from Lowell or Lowell solicitors so took advice and wrote to Lowell to ask them to withdraw the claim. Just received this from court titled NOTICE OF PROPOSED ALLOCATION TO THE SMALL CLAMS TRACK!! ..not sure what this now means?? have supplied pic,hope you can see it
                  Any advice? Thankyou
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by mattty; 22nd February 2016, 11:33:AM.

Comment

Hi @nemesis45 or @Amethyst

The 28days from serving defence on my case was up on 8/9th feb and still have heard nothing from Lowell or Lowell solicitors so took advice and wrote to Lowell to ask them to withdraw the claim. Just received this from court titled NOTICE OF PROPOSED ALLOCATION TO THE SMALL CLAMS TRACK!! ..not sure what this now means?? have supplied pic,hope you can see it
                    Any advice? Thankyou
                    The court process move on Matty, you need to complete the form (s) as directed.

No letter from Lowell Sols stating " their client is continuing the claim?

I'd give the court a ring to see if Lowell sols has responded to the claim.

nem

Comment

Hi [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION]
                      No i have not heard anything from the claimant Lowell or Lowell solicitors through any of this which is why it is becoming more annoying. I thought when they didnt reply to my defence during those 28days that it was a sign they would hopefully withdraw the claim but does this letter from court now mean this is not going to happen?Regarding this directions questionnaire they have asked me to complete,do i need to just tock to say i agree to mediation? it also asked on form do i agree that he small track is appropriate track for this case?

I will give the court a call asap, do i just need to ask if Lowell have repsonded?
                      Thanks as always,
                      Matt

Comment

Hi @nemesis45
                        No i have not heard anything from the claimant Lowell or Lowell solicitors through any of this which is why it is becoming more annoying. I thought when they didnt reply to my defence during those 28days that it was a sign they would hopefully withdraw the claim but does this letter from court now mean this is not going to happen?Regarding this directions questionnaire they have asked me to complete,do i need to just tock to say i agree to mediation? it also asked on form do i agree that he small track is appropriate track for this case?

I will give the court a call asap, do i just need to ask if Lowell have repsonded?
                        Thanks as always,
                        Matt
                        With lousy post and a backlog in the courts all sorts of " cross overs" with mail are cropping up.
                        nem

Comment

So should i just focus on returning this new form?
                          Regarding this directions questionnaire they have asked me to complete,do i need to just tock to say i agree to mediation? it also asked on form do i agree that he small track is appropriate track for this case?

As said though i call the court to find out if Lowell have responded as soon as i am home.
                          Matt

Comment

So should i just focus on returning this new form?
                            Regarding this directions questionnaire they have asked me to complete,do i need to just tock to say i agree to mediation? it also asked on form do i agree that he small track is appropriate track for this case?

As said though i call the court to find out if Lowell have responded as soon as i am home.
                            Matt

Hello Matty,

Tick Yes to Mediation.
                            Yes to SCT.
                            No to Contest Jurisdiction

If you don' know your local court, leave is blank.

Nem

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION]
                              Just spoke to lady at court who said that Lowell wish to proceed with mediation or go to court basically so should fill out form as you have already said.
                              Getting confused here...do i need to put any information with this questionnaire to say that i have not received anything from Lowell at all. No replies to anything i have sent them whatsoever even the cpr requests ect. I thought this then made the debt unforceable?
                              Thanks again
                              matt

Comment

Thanks @nemesis45
                                Just spoke to lady at court who said that Lowell wish to proceed with mediation or go to court basically so should fill out form as you have already said.
                                Getting confused here...do i need to put any information with this questionnaire to say that i have not received anything from Lowell at all. No replies to anything i have sent them whatsoever even the cpr requests ect. I thought this then made the debt unforceable?
                                Thanks again
                                matt
                                No Matty the DQ is only for the questions asked.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X