• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**DISCONTINUED** Today received a court claim **UPDATE**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Today received a court claim **UPDATE**

Originally posted by stu82 View Post
    Can they not say they did responded?
    Have they sent you the documents you requested? If not, then there's nothing they can argue.

Comment

Can they not say they did responded?
      t
      The usual response is around the allegation that the claim will likely be
      allocated to the small claims track and CPR31.14 is not relevant.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
        Have they sent you the documents you requested? If not, then there's nothing they can argue.
        Nope nothing has been sent other than than letter yesterday which is totally untrue and today is the 7th day

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
        t
        The usual response is around the allegation that the claim will likely be
        allocated to the small claims track and CPR31.14 is not relevant.

nem
        Sorry Nem i am like a newborn baby when it comes to this, i dont follow. In all my years i have only just today figured out how to multi quote..

Comment

Nope nothing has been sent other than than letter yesterday which is totally untrue and today is the 7th day

Sorry Nem i am like a newborn baby when it comes to this, i dont follow. In all my years i have only just today figured out how to multi quote..
          I'm the same in my employment there was always someone to take care of technicalities.
          CPR should be chased up and the CCA request left alone.

nem

Comment

So no more talking to Cabot at all, even though they did send something it was not what i asked for? with today being the 7th day should i contact the sols today or leave it the 12 + 2?

Comment

Should i speak to solicitors today (7th day)

And what questions/demands should i ask them, i don't want to be put under pressure by them .

Comment

have received you PM stu!

nem

Comment

So no more talking to Cabot at all, even though they did send something it was not what i asked for? with today being the 7th day should i contact the sols today or leave it the 12 + 2?
                  No, there is no need to chase Cabot at all, if they don't comply with your CCA request you just include that as part of your defence because non compliance is a bar to enforcement. :grin:

Should i speak to solicitors today (7th day)

And what questions/demands should i ask them, i don't want to be put under pressure by them .
                  To clarify, we are talking about two totally separate requests here:
                  • The CCA request to Cabot - 12 + 2 days to comply, not to be chased, non compliance used as part of your defence when you file it.
                  • The CPR request to the solicitors - 7 days to comply, if not you should chase that one up and ask them to agree to a 28 day extension to file your defence. As it's the weekend, you wouldn't be contacting the solicitors until next week. The only thing you need to say is that you need the documents to prepare your defence. It's more of a formality rather than anything else, they don't have the documents so they can't do anything other than fob you off.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
                    No, there is no need to chase Cabot at all, if they don't comply with your CCA request you just include that as part of your defence because non compliance is a bar to enforcement. :grin:

To clarify, we are talking about two totally separate requests here:
                    • The CCA request to Cabot - 12 + 2 days to comply, not to be chased, non compliance used as part of your defence when you file it.
                    • The CPR request to the solicitors - 7 days to comply, if not you should chase that one up and ask them to agree to a 28 day extension to file your defence. As it's the weekend, you wouldn't be contacting the solicitors until next week. The only thing you need to say is that you need the documents to prepare your defence. It's more of a formality rather than anything else, they don't have the documents so they can't do anything other than fob you off.
                    Thanks FlamingP, do they have to accept that there is a need for a 28 day extension?

Comment

They do not have to agree to an extension but if they don't you can mention that in your defence -if they have not provided the documents and refuse an extension it suggests they are being unreasonable

Comment

Thanks FlamingP, do they have to accept that there is a need for a 28 day extension?
                        No, CPR 15.5 allows the parties to agree an extension up a maximum of 28 days. You request it, if they agree, you inform the court and file your defence before the extra 28 days are up. If they refuse, you file your defence within 33 days and mention their refusal as an extra point in your defence, saying you requested documents, they didn't supply them, you asked them to to agree to an extension, they refused... you get the picture!

Comment

There is no email for Weighmans it come back as delivery notice failure Grrr, how am i to keep a paper trail which is not going to take up my defence time Ie postal service.

Comment

E-Mails - unless there is an auto receipt facility, then it can easily be stated not received = actual signature recorded i.e. Recorded Delivery which is only about 75 pence extra to postage, if you are serious and not penny pinching to save pounds then you are not covering yourself, proof of everything is vital no shortcuts, 1st or 2nd class post + Recorded Delivery 1- 2 pounds . 24 hours in a day, how long does it take to do a defence?

Comment

Not penny pinching at all my concern is, and as was with the sending CCA/CPR' i only have a receipt and rightly so it does have a delivery notice but my concern is and forgive me for my lack of trust in the DCA and their Solicitors but they could say i have send them nothing of any relevance to the case in hand so preferably i would rather use emails as it clearly shows what has been sent, i might be looking way too much in to it but that's my nature and as for the defence the sooner this is over and done with the better..

Comment

Not penny pinching at all my concern is, and as was with the sending CCA/CPR' i only have a receipt and rightly so it does have a delivery notice but my concern is and forgive me for my lack of trust in the DCA and their Solicitors but they could say i have send them nothing of any relevance to the case in hand so preferably i would rather use emails as it clearly shows what has been sent, i might be looking way too much in to it but that's my nature and as for the defence the sooner this is over and done with the better..
                                Good morning stu, responding to your PM,

Use signed for post for the letter, you need a paper trail on the request for an extension If it is declined you can prove to the court that you are /were making every effort to respond properly to the claim.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X