• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**DISCONTINUED** Today received a court claim **UPDATE**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Today received a court claim

**UPDATE FROM CABOT**

Dear Sir

Re.. Capital one ...Acc **************** - £***.**

Thank you for your request for information under sections 77-99 of the consumer credit act 1974 (CCA)

We currently do not have this information on file. However, we have requested the relevant details, which will include a copy of the credit agreement, statement of account and original and varied terms and conditions from the original lender
    What happens next
    I can confirm that a CCJ was obtained against you on 13 May 2015, prior to your original CCA request being received. At no point did you raise any dispute to this matter prior to the judgment being obtained; therefore we are fully entitled to enforce the judgment and the duty to supply the requested information no longer applies. I have therefore returned your £1.00 fee

As noted above, i have contacted Capital One to request the relevant documentation , which i will forward to you upon receipt but this will be for information purpose only. in the meantime I would recommend the you contact Cabot Financial (Marlin) on 0333 123 9999 to discuss your repayment options

If you have any queries, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Comment

Re: Today received a court claim

Originally posted by stu82 View Post
      **UPDATE FROM CABOT**

Dear Sir

Thank you for your request for information under sections 77-99 of the consumer credit act 1974 (CCA)

We currently do not have this information on file. However, we have requested the relevant details, which will include a copy of the credit agreement, statement of account and original and varied terms and conditions from the original lender
      What happens next
      *****************I can confirm that a CCJ was obtained against you on 13 May 2015,********************* prior to your original CCA request being received. At no point did you raise any dispute to this matter prior to the judgment being obtained; therefore we are fully entitled to enforce the judgment and the duty to supply the requested information no longer applies. I have therefore returned your £1.00 fee

As noted above, i have contacted Capital One to request the relevant documentation , which i will forward to you upon receipt but this will be for information purpose only. in the meantime I would recommend the you contact Cabot Financial (Marlin) on 0333 123 9999 to discuss your repayment options

*******Have been through all this when a judgement has already been made?***********

nem
      Last edited by Kati; 25th September 2015, 17:08:PM.

Comment

Re: Today received a court claim **UPDATE**

*******Have been through all this when a judgement has already been made?***********

nem

Sorry Nem im not sure i fully understand what you're asking

I have given acknowledgment of service, and sent CCA & CPR and this is the first contact from them..

Comment

nem

Sorry Nem im not sure i fully understand what you're asking

I have given acknowledgment of service, and sent CCA & CPR and this is the first contact from them..
          The letter you have quoted " I can confirm A CCJ was obtained against you on 13th May 2015 " was it ?

nem

Comment

Cabot are saying you already have a CCJ on this. i.e. they have obtained judgement in May 2015

You say you received a 'claim' on 19th Sept 2015 - which suggests a N1 claim form and N9 response pack.

Both cannot be true, unless there is some HUGE cockup somewhere.

Comment

Absolutely not.... i received the ccj papers N1 & n9 ON THE 19TH and i have replied to the AOF, i think they have made a mistake or are trying to scare monger

I have just checked my credit file, not sure why as i know its not true but there is no CCJ .

I have in my hands a N1SDT CLIM FORM (04.14) and a N9A (SDT) FORM of admission N9B (SDT) AND SO ON...

Comment

Absolutely not....
                So you are saying what Cabot say is not true.

Not unknown for them to make a huge boo boo like that in a letter, mixing up one case with another.

Comment

Absolutely not.... i received the ccj papers N1 & n9 ON THE 19TH and i have replied to the AOF, i think they have made a mistake or are trying to scare monger

I have just checked my credit file, not sure why as i know its not true but there is no CCJ .
                  You need to check trustonline the register of judgement there's a small charge for each address checked.

nem

Comment

There is no CCJ against me Nothing registered ... so is this just a foul up and does it help in anyway?

My heart was in my mouth for a moment there....

Comment

There is no CCJ against me ... so is this just a foul up and does it help in anyway?

My heart was in my mouth for a moment there....
                      Is this based on a trust online check?

The comment in that letter re a previous CCA request is a puzzle from what you say.

My feeling is to e-mail Crapbot on Monday demanding an explanation of the statement.
                      Personally I'd do nothing until you get a response.

nem

Comment

It is a fairly safe bet they wouldn't issue a claim on a "debt" they already had a judgement on.

The s78 response will be b0llocks. Of course, you do need to check with the muppets.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                          Is this based on a trust online check?

The comment in that letter re a previous CCA request is a puzzle from what you say.

My feeling is to e-mail Crapbot on Monday demanding an explanation of the statement.
                          Personally I'd do nothing until you get a response.

nem
                          Yes it was from trust online, i am as in the dark as anyone Nem, should i email or call? and then once i have then wait for a response? Thanks Nem

Comment

Yes it was from trust online, i am as in the dark as anyone Nem, should i email or call? and then once i have then wait for a response? Thanks Nem
                            Keep it either by e-mail or snail mail for a paper trail something is odd about this I agree.

nem

Comment

I will email them now asking for an explanation into their untrue account and where their information has come from and based on.. i will keep everything noted and saved, before i send the email maybe someone might like to add anything else i should add..?

Comment

**UPDATE FROM CABOT**

Dear Sir

What happens next
                                I can confirm that a CCJ was obtained against you on 13 May 2015, prior to your original CCA request being received
                                . At no point did you raise any dispute to this matter prior to the judgment being obtained; therefore we are fully entitled to enforce the judgment and the duty to supply the requested information no longer applies. I have therefore returned your £1.00 fee

The two statements just don't add up, why would they request the documents from the original lender when they have obtained a judgment and no longer have a duty to respond in the first place? :confused2: :noidea:

Originally posted by Nibbler View Post
                                Cabot are saying you already have a CCJ on this. i.e. they have obtained judgement in May 2015

You say you received a 'claim' on 19th Sept 2015 - which suggests a N1 claim form and N9 response pack.

Both cannot be true, unless there is some HUGE cockup somewhere.

I have in my hands a N1SDT CLIM FORM (04.14) and a N9A (SDT) FORM of admission N9B (SDT) AND SO ON...
                                It does sound like an almighty cockup! Could it be that Crapbot got their accounts mixed up and pulled up the wrong one from their database, one that's subject to a judgment?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X