• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

*WON* Received court claim from Bryan Carter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Received court claim from Bryan Carter..... help please

Thanks very much.

Comment

Had a letter from Bryan Carter today, saying "we are writing to formally confirm our clients intention to proceed with this matter.
      we will send notification to the court shortly but before we do our client is prepared to enter into negotiations to try and achieve a solution whereby both parties avoid further costs and expenses and if necessary to mediate. The court encourages this type of negotiation between parties.
      Please contact our helpful team.....etc to discuss how we can come to an arrangement by consent."

It's dated 22nd sept.

Comment

Originally posted by aaroncaz View Post
        Had a letter from Bryan Carter today, saying "we are writing to formally confirm our clients intention to proceed with this matter.
        we will send notification to the court shortly but before we do our client is prepared to enter into negotiations to try and achieve a solution whereby both parties avoid further costs and expenses and if necessary to mediate. The court encourages this type of negotiation between parties.
        Please contact our helpful team.....etc to discuss how we can come to an arrangement by consent."

It's dated 22nd sept.
        Standard response to everyone who files a defence these days, as I posted above a week ago! :grin:

One to be filed under "C" me thinks. :lol:

Comment

Just ignore it then?

Comment

Just ignore it then?
            I would...

You'll soon get your N180 small claims directions questionnaire to fill in, where there will be an option to go through mediation. If you receive anything in the meantime that makes it look like they could have a chance, then you could settle it via mediation. If not, they'll have to supply the documents at least 14 days prior to the hearing or they'll be stuffed. :thumb:

Comment

Ok many thanks for your help so far.

Comment

Do I have to attend an hearing?

Comment

Do I have to attend an hearing?
                  That depends on how far this progresses, with a bit of luck they'll see sense and discontinue before that. ray:

Comment

Just an update, not received anything else from Carter or Lowell nor from the court.

Comment

Just an update, not received anything else from Carter or Lowell nor from the court.
                      I doesn't look like it's been 28 days since you filed your defence. I notice above that you received one of Carter's settlement letters saying they intended to proceed, have you not had an N180 small claims questionnaire from the court? If your defence was filed on the 11th, I'd give it another week or 10 days before contacting the court to see if the claim has been stayed. :ranger:

Comment

No not had a N180 form and post has been today.

Comment

No not had a N180 form and post has been today.
                          As has already been said the claimant has 28 days to respond to your defence and it
                          appears that here is 9 days left or response so contact the court at the end of the period
                          if you don't get a response earlier.

nem

Comment

Had the N180 today, it says the main letter

Notice of proposed allocation to the small claims track

if i do not comply with this notice the court will make such an order as appropriate, this could include striking out the claim or entering judgement/

TAKE NOTICE THAT

1 This is now a defended claim.

The defendant has filed a claim a copy of which is enclosed ( THIS SENTENCE IS CROSSED OUT)

2 it appears that this case is suitable for allocation to the small claims track.If you believe this is not the case please complete box c1 on the small claims direction questionaire and explain why.

3. you must by 26th october compete the small claims direction questionnaire and file it with the court office.

There is also a letter abt mediation. What should I do next please?

Comment

Hi

That's just the next step in the process and all the wording you describe above is generic, the crossed out sentence would refer to a counter claim if you had filed one.

You need to fill in and return the questionnaire as indicated, note that you also need to send a copy of your filled in questionnaire to Carter as well as the original to the court, some people here had not been aware of that and had returned the original to the court without copying it. :typing:

It should be fairly straightforward to fill in. It's a good idea to agree to mediation, no reason to object to allocation to small claims track as that's based on the value of the claim (under £10k).

You should also provide details of your local court as that's where you'd have to attend a hearing if it gets that far, as well as dates you won't be available. There is no need for experts or interpreters or other key witnesses and only one witness (yourself).

Any questions just shout. :thumb:

Comment

Will it get to mediation? I thought you said before not to agree to mediation unless they come up with something? They still have not I presume provided any documents , do you think they will by now?

How do I find my local court? Should I post both to carter and the court by registered post?

Sorry for all the questions, have to go out but will be back later, thanks for your help.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X