• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

*WON* Received court claim from Bryan Carter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Received court claim from Bryan Carter..... help please

It should be OK however there is no reason to leave it till the very last minute. They are not likely to send you the documents in the next couple of days. :flypig: :flypig:

Comment

I'll do it tomorrow then.

Comment

Ok decided to do it now and it's gone through I ticked no to a counterclaim I hope that was right.

And what happens next please?

Comment

Unless you had a counter claim then you did right.

You now wait to hear from the court, I think they send your defence to the claimant who have 28 days to respond but ( and I should have this on cut n paste ) [MENTION=37786]FlamingParrot[/MENTION] will help you

Comment

Are they likely to produce the documents?

Comment

Who knows , I wish I had such a crystal ball

Have you been asked , did you apply online?

I do have a feeling they might come up with something that fulfils the CCA request however then you still need to see the DN and other documents.
              Just as an idea I have or had a Vanquis card opened in 2010 that was perfectly legit in that the CCA request was spot on. What let them down was the DN which was not a DN in either style or form. It said it was a DN but did not contain the necessary wording or the necessary time. I think Lowlife must have realised this because they closed the account and promised not to bother me again. even though it was a £1200 balance. If only they would do that with my Cap 1 account for 5.5K

Comment

Originally posted by aaroncaz View Post
                Ok decided to do it now and it's gone through I ticked no to a counterclaim I hope that was right.

And what happens next please?
                Well done! :clap2: A counterclaim only applies when the claimant owes you money so not applicable here.

Are they likely to produce the documents?
                Originally posted by Berniethebolt View Post
                Who knows , I wish I had such a crystal ball
                Carter is not known for producing any documents, however, it all depends on whether Lowell can get anything from Vanquis. If it's a recent application they are more likely to find it than for an ancient one. :ohwell:
                Originally posted by Berniethebolt View Post
                Have you been asked , did you apply online?

I do have a feeling they might come up with something that fulfils the CCA request however then you still need to see the DN and other documents.
                Just as an idea I have or had a Vanquis card opened in 2010 that was perfectly legit in that the CCA request was spot on. What let them down was the DN which was not a DN in either style or form. It said it was a DN but did not contain the necessary wording or the necessary time. I think Lowlife must have realised this because they closed the account and promised not to bother me again. even though it was a £1200 balance. If only they would do that with my Cap 1 account for 5.5K
                For online applications from 2005 onwards it'll just be a recon of the T&Cs at the time of application. These are not easy to challenge, unless you can spot differences in the amounts charged between your own statements and what the T&Cs state.

A defective DN is always much better than no DN at all, sadly in most cases if you haven't got your own, no-one is likely to be able to obtain a copy, simply because banks don't keep copies of them, they are usually mail-merged from a database and not saved individually. :mmph:

Comment

Sorry what do you mean by DN:tinysmile_cry_t:

It was Aqua and I applied online.

Comment

They have 28 days to reply, Lowell, 28 working days? If they don't produce anything in that time what happens please?

Comment

• Re: Received court claim from Bryan Carter..... help please

Sorry what do you mean by DN:tinysmile_cry_t:
                      Default Notice
                      It was Aqua and I applied online.
                      When was that?
                      They have 28 days to reply, Lowell, 28 working days? If they don't produce anything in that time what happens please?
                      They have 28 days (not working days) from when they receive your defence, to tell the court whether they wish to proceed with the claim, not to send the documents. If they don't respond to your defence within that time, the claim will be stayed but you won't be notified. If they decide to proceed you'll hear from the court and possibly from Carter with one of his settlement proposal letters. For now all you can do is wait. :ranger:

Comment

I applied online in 2006 don't know exact date. By "stayed" does mean stopped, stopped for all time?

Comment

I applied online in 2006 don't know exact date.
                          The exact date is not important in this case, the reason for asking was that, for online applications made on or after January 2005, there was no longer a requirement for an agreement to be sent to you for signature, a tick box on the website would be as good as a wet ink signature and they can satisfy a CCA request with a computer printout of the T&Cs that applied at the time you opened the account, making it harder to dispute that those were the terms you agreed to. :mmph:
                          By "stayed" does mean stopped, stopped for all time?
                          No, that would be discontinued. ray: Stayed means dormant; while the case is stayed neither party can take any action other than applying to the court to lift the stay, however, once the stay is lifted, the case can proceed.

Comment

Got a letter from the court today, dated the 11th sept, saying they got my defense and have sent it to them they have 28 days etc.... 28 days from the 11th? Will Lowell respond?

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
                              The exact date is not important in this case, the reason for asking was that, for online applications made on or after January 2005, there was no longer a requirement for an agreement to be sent to you for signature, a tick box on the website would be as good as a wet ink signature and they can satisfy a CCA request with a computer printout of the T&Cs that applied at the time you opened the account, making it harder to dispute that those were the terms you agreed to. :mmph:
                              Is that bad news for me?

Comment

Got a letter from the court today, dated the 11th sept, saying they got my defense and have sent it to them they have 28 days etc.... 28 days from the 11th? Will Lowell respond?
                                28 days from when they receive your defence from the court which would be a few days later. You'll probably get a letter from Carter inviting you to settle, without providing any documents, that's what he's been doing lately. :mmph:
                                Is that bad news for me?
                                It all depends on whether they can obtain a copy of the agreement, if they do it could be just a computer printout of the T&Cs on the OC's website, but let's see what Lowell can come up with (or not as the case may be). :ranger:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X