• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

*WON* Received court claim from Bryan Carter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Received court claim from Bryan Carter..... help please

Originally posted by aaroncaz View Post
    Not quiet sure what happens when my defense is due? is that after 28 days from the letter? What I must do or they must do? Sorry to be so dim. Do I respond to the court............
    You need to look at the date printed on your claim, your defence is due a maximum of 33 days from that date, not from when you sent the letter (it's 28 days + 5 allowed for service). If you have acknowledged service, you have already responded to the court. You will need to file your defence with the court before the due date, on the same website where you went to acknowledge service. For now just relax and await Mr Carter's response. :ranger:

Comment

Ok thanks.

Comment

Letters sent today.

Comment

Recieved 2 jetters today from Bryan Carter, the one dated the 17th saying how much I owe and that they had issued litigation proceedings in the court and I would receive them in the next 48 hours.....

The 2nd letter dated the 19th saying the claim form was issed by the county court and the courts protocol was followed when issuing claiments particulars of claim practice direction 7c point 1.4 (3A) eliminates the requirments to attach the particulars of the claim when they are issued by this court.........................and that the matter will be allocated by the small claims track............

There is a bit more in the same vein.

How do I proceed please.

It also says " in any event the notice of default and assignment left the control of the claiment when they were dispatched to you
          it is the original creditors policy to issue agreements at the start of the contract and statements ......... and to refer to my own rrecords"
          Last edited by aaroncaz; 20th August 2015, 08:32:AM.

Comment

Recieved 2 jetters today from Bryan Carter, the one dated the 17th saying how much I owe and that they had issued litigation proceedings in the court and I would receive them in the next 48 hours.....

The 2nd letter dated the 19th saying the claim form was issed by the county court and the courts protocol was followed when issuing claiments particulars of claim practice direction 7c point 1.4 (3A) eliminates the requirments to attach the particulars of the claim when they are issued by this court.........................and that the matter will be allocated by the small claims track............

How do I proceed please.

It also says " in any event the notice of default and assignment left the control of the claiment when they were dispatched to you
            it is the original creditors policy to issue agreements at the start of the contract and statements ......... and to refer to my own rrecords"
            Standard template letter for CPR 31.14, chase this with Carter, remind them that CPR 31,14 is still relevant to the claim until it is actually allocated to the Small Claims Track and you expect the documents to be with you by return of post.
            Another template will no doubt arrive. You mention the non compliance in your defence.
            It's non of Carters business to assume what you may or may not have received from the creditor, in any case Carter must disclose the documents within 14 days at the latest before any hearing.
            Do not chase the CCA Request failure to comply within the 12 + 2 Working days renders the debt unenforceable until the agreement is produced.

nem

Comment

Thank you, just a bit confused which template do I send back to Carter? And recorded delivery again? Or just compose a letter?

Comment

Thank you, just a bit confused which template do I send back to Carter? And recorded delivery again?
                You are chasing the CPR 31.14 request as being still relevant until the claim is allocated to the SCT. ( template in the forum library) signed for post if possible otherwise get free proof of posting and keep it safe.

nem

Comment

Send the same template as I did the 1st time and a postscript, saying " remind them that CPR 31,14 is still relevant to the claim until it is actually allocated to the Small Claims Track and you expect the documents to be with you by return of post." ?

Sorry to be dim.

- - - Updated - - -

Does it mean they don't have the documents? Surely if they did they would send them?

Comment

Send the same template as I did the 1st time and a postscript, saying " remind them that CPR 31,14 is still relevant to the claim until it is actually allocated to the Small Claims Track and you expect the documents to be with you by return of post." ?

Sorry to be dim.
                    Yes that will be OK.

nem

Comment

always send these letters "Recorded Delivery" as proof of posting is not proof of Receipt.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                        always send these letters "Recorded Delivery" as proof of posting is not proof of Receipt.
                        " signed for post now!
                        POP is IMO ok in this situation as it will be mentioned in the defence that a request was sent on ........................
                        and the solicitors have failed to comply.
                        nem

Comment

Im going to add the postscript : still relevant to the claim until it is actually allocated to the Small Claims Track and you expect the documents to be with you by return of post." in a new letter and send the original request as well, or should I do it all in one letter?

Comment

I'll send them recorded want to be sure they get them. One less worry.

Comment

Oh dear, he's still doing that! Sending letters that arrive AFTER the claim and giving you 48 hours to respond, that's not at all compliant with the pre-action conduct, which he seems to think does not apply to him! :mad2:

How do I proceed please.
                              That's his standard template response to ALL CPR requests he receives, and this is a link to our standard response to his response:
                              http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...385#post410385
                              That's part of his generic rubbish, how could possibly know what the original creditor's policy would have been when his clients buy debts from so many companies and such a wide range of debts, from mobile contracts to overdrafts and credit cards...
                              Thank you, just a bit confused which template do I send back to Carter? And recorded delivery again? Or just compose a letter?
                              This one: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...385#post410385

- - - Updated - - -

Im going to add the postscript : still relevant to the claim until it is actually allocated to the Small Claims Track and you expect the documents to be with you by return of post." in a new letter and send the original request as well, or should I do it all in one letter?
                              That's part of the standard response I've just linked to: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...385#post410385 :thumb:

Comment

You can respond to this letter reminding the claimant the claim has not yet been allocated to any track;

Your name
                                Your address
                                Your postcode

Date

Claimants name
                                Claimants address
                                Claimants postcode

Dear Sirs,

Claim No: xxxxxxx
                                Claimant v Defendant

Request for documents mentioned in a statement of case under CPR 31.14

Thank you for your response to my request for disclosure of documents mentioned in your statement of case under CPR 31.14.

With regards to your assertion that ''we confirm this matter will most properly be allocated to the small claim track as this is a simple contractual matter and part 31 of the civil procedure rules will therefore not apply.'' I am afraid I must disagree, the case has not been allocated to a track for determination and as a consequence the provisions of CPR 27(2) have no effect and you should not seek to avoid compliance with your CPR 31 duties by claiming otherwise.

I am unable to lodge my defence and/or counterclaim at this moment as I have no information regarding the alleged debt. If you require more time in which to comply with this request you must tell me in writing and state a date by when you will comply with this request. In addition I require a statement that you agree to an extension of the time for me to file my defence. Your extension of time must be not less than 14 days from the date when you say you will have complied with my request and you must state the new date for filing my defence.

If you are unwilling to comply with my request for specific disclosure please inform me and I will consider entering an application to the court to obtain such.

In accordance with CPR 31.15(c) I undertake to be responsible for your reasonable copying costs incurred in complying with this CPR 31.14 request.

I look forward to hearing from you within the next 7 days.

Yours sincerely

Your Name

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X