• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**CASE CLOSED** Court Claim - Lowell/Vanquis - 15-1-2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: **CASE CLOSED** Court Claim - Lowell/Vanquis - 15-1-2015

apologies for the typos, was a bit happy!

So, in this case, I feel I have just cause in going after VAnquis and getting the charges back. They sent me a letter back in october stating they wouldn't let me have them back..

I disagree.

Comment

Hi all, sorry I have been away, been poorly. Just to clarify if I should ask Lowlifes why they are still going to enter on my credit file if the account is closed.

Comment

Whilst we believe the account due endowing, to bring this matter to a swift and amicable resolution, without any admission od liability or wrongdoing, I have taken the decision to close the account. This means we will no longer be pursuing the outstanding balances. However we will continue to report the default to the CRA's. I want to challenge this also, as ion they also closed the account, why are they allowed to still default the account? Any advice would be appreciated on this point...
        I would argue that closing of the account and discontinuing and closing the without admission of liability or wrongdoing is a sign that they have written off any charges i.e. it is reported as settled and 0 outstanding balance, they should not be reporting a default on your account? therefore the information they are reporting is not factually correct.

Maybe the more knowledgeable on this could answer that question.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
          I would argue that closing of the account and discontinuing and closing the without admission of liability or wrongdoing is a sign that they have written off any charges i.e. it is reported as settled and 0 outstanding balance, they should not be reporting a default on your account? therefore the information they are reporting is not factually correct.

Maybe the more knowledgeable on this could answer that question.

The default was placed by the original creditor not Lowell, the default happened nothing can change that unless Vanquis
          are willing to remove it. Otherwise it remains for 6 years from the default date.
          An appeal to Vanquis for removal may be a way forward.

nem

Comment

Sure, but the agreement was assigned to Lowell? therefore Vanquis have no rights in the agreement anymore and can no longer keep the default notice on there? wasn't there threads about original creditor removing the default and the assignee would have to place the default on file - isnt this the same thing? If they have no vested interest in the matter then surely they cannot keep the default notice on file, it would have to be Lowell?

Or am i Missing something here?
            If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            LEGAL DISCLAIMER
            Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

It would be replace as a Lowell heading from Vanquis name = the rest stays the same

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
                Sure, but the agreement was assigned to Lowell? therefore Vanquis have no rights in the agreement anymore and can no longer keep the default notice on there? wasn't there threads about original creditor removing the default and the assignee would have to place the default on file - isnt this the same thing? If they have no vested interest in the matter then surely they cannot keep the default notice on file, it would have to be Lowell?

Or am i Missing something here?
                See many of the replies regarding the situation where people
                have asked for defaults to be removed debt purchasers refer
                to the original creditor recording the default and the debtor
                must take it up with the OC.

The case regarding defaults was in relation to agrements which are irredeemably unenforceable.

nem

Comment

Yep i understand, but taking it back to basic contract levels here. Once someone assigns the rights to something be it a contract or something tangible, they then cannot assert rights anymore. you would therefore expect the same principle to apply in the case of defaults. If the OC has given their rights away to another party in return for a small fee, then my point being is that surely they cannot continue to mark the debtor as in default as they are not privy to the contract anymore and are now a third party.

So what I am trying to get at is, the OC cant claim a default on the credit report as they have no rights. Even if Lowell put a default on the credit file the argument is that they have closed the account and no further action being taken therefore they cannot keep it in default as the account is closed and should be marked as settled - If the account was still open then sure the default could continue but the wording of the letter suggests to me that the default should be removed.
                  LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Thanks Rob, that was my way of understanding the contractual agreements also. As stated, if the OC (vanquis) sold this to Lowlifes, then they (vanquis) surely waive all rights and control of said account to Lowlifes..

Lowlifes have closed the account so why can they still enter it as default?

I am also chasing vanquish for the charges to be repaid even though they have said no in the first instance, I have had advice and been told to push vanquis in a nice letter.

Comment

The default is a true account of the situation, has no effect closing the account = it is a record (has to be a true Record) of the situation and stays for 6 years at DCR, only way it could be got rid of is IF!!! it was not a true statement i.e. not your original account/purchases.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                        The default is a true account of the situation, has no effect closing the account = it is a record (has to be a true Record) of the situation and stays for 6 years at DCR, only way it could be got rid of is IF!!! it was not a true statement i.e. not your original account/purchases.
                        Correct Mike, the true picture of the account is that the Original Creditor placed and reported it to the CRA's therefore it remains on file for the full 6 years.
                        One was before the ICO changed its view on how defaults are placed and report " negotiate " removal" of a late placed or satisfied defaulted account it is virtually impossible now to remove an " unexpired " default entry it has nothing to do with " contractual rights" , closed accounts, those accounts which were the subject of a failed CC Claim.
                        The debt was defaulted the entry remains for 6 years from the actual default date posted by the OC.

All a debt purchaser con do is update credit files i.e. it's name and address when it purchased the debt, the and the date the file was updated, a debt purchaser cannot change the original default date, add a " new" default as some DP's have tried by changing the date to the date of purchase.

In reality the only ways of having a default removed " early" are 1. The default was wrongly placed e.g. along time after the cause of action. 2. If the default sum
                        (not the default balance) was made up solely of charges without which (charges) the account would not have been defaulted.

Rob I'm afraid your theory is flawed, there is no "mileage" in it, it' been argued before.

nem

Comment

Actually, the reason the account went into default in the first place was the horrific charges Vanquish whacked on. My purchases were all paid for on time. I am now in the process of dealign with vanquish and getting all ROP charges back plus the late payment fees..even though they are the £12 charges..worth harassing them as I have been harassed for a year.

Comment

Again, successfully argued.

The account has been closed

Completed Successfully

Your dispute has been successfully resolved and we're making arrangements for your credit report to be amended in accordance with your request. You should be able to see the changes on your Noddle credit report when your next monthly update takes place. You can log-in to your account to see when your report is next due to be updated. Please remember if your report is due to be updated within the next week, this change may not show until the following update. Please be reassured that anyone searching your report will see the most up-to-date data.
                            Raised on
                            17/02/2016

Account number

Account type

Comment

Originally posted by beaconsman View Post
                              Again, successfully argued.

The account has been closed

Completed Successfully

Your dispute has been successfully resolved and we're making arrangements for your credit report to be amended in accordance with your request. You should be able to see the changes on your Noddle credit report when your next monthly update takes place. You can log-in to your account to see when your report is next due to be updated. Please remember if your report is due to be updated within the next week, this change may not show until the following update. Please be reassured that anyone searching your report will see the most up-to-date data.
                              Raised on
                              17/02/2016

Account number

Account type

Great new beaconsman, well done!!

nem

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                                IMHO

As the claimant did not (I suspect could not) fully comply with the CCA request, the alleged debt is unenforceable. If unenforceable, then does not Grace & Anor v Black Horse kick in?
                                It's unenforceable until the claimant complies, which may be never.
                                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                                gets his brain a-going.
                                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X