• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**CASE CLOSED** Court Claim - Lowell/Vanquis - 15-1-2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Court Claim - Lowell / Vanquis - 15-1-2015

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
    Llp rate now £19.00 P.H.
    Thanks for that, so it's increased recently, probably in April as usual.

Comment

Went to post office, apparently our village has no Post office now as it has closed. A nice trek later to the next village so I can get these letters posted to Vanquis and Lowlifes.

Comment

Originally posted by beaconsman View Post
        Went to post office, apparently our village has no Post office now as it has closed. A nice trek later to the next village so I can get these letters posted to Vanquis and Lowlifes.
        Funny how it's assumed in this day and age there's no need for the post since everything is apparently done by email, even when online shopping means the post is used more than ever and if you're not home when an item is delivered you often have to pick it up from the local post office.

Something just occurred to me: an email to postal service where you can send the letters to the service as email attachments (Word documents) and pay for printing and postage online, the service would then print off the letters, stick them inside an envelope and post them up for you as per your choice, i.e. First Class, Second Class, Recorded Delivery, etc.

Comment

Hmm, not a bad idea that..data protection might be an issue though wouldn't it?

Comment

Hmm, not a bad idea that..data protection might be an issue though wouldn't it?
            You'd have to be registered as a data controller and there would have to be terms of service and a confidentiality/non disclosure agreement on the part of the service provider.

Comment

Sorry, had to break off yesterday. Had a tree to fell.

Might be good business opportunity that. Lot of legalities and red tape though. dropped my lad off at nursery yesterday morning and the post office was open! So letter posted, apparently we have limited hours of opening in the post office as the owner is suffering health problems.

Comment

Sorry, had to break off yesterday. Had a tree to fell.
                Sound like fun... especially in the rain!
                Might be good business opportunity that. Lot of legalities and red tape though.
                Yes, I can imagine, and margins would be very low so you'd need a lot of people using the service. You have people who like to use those websites where you order a card online and it gets posted for you, not posting up the name as I don't want to recommend them. I either send an electronic greeting or go and post up a card of my choice.
                S
                dropped my lad off at nursery yesterday morning and the post office was open! So letter posted, apparently we have limited hours of opening in the post office as the owner is suffering health problems.
                The local post office was temporarily moved to a restaurant/bar whilst it was being refurbished, I found that rather funny.

Comment

Well, letters posted Friday 18th Sept, I shall wait for vanquishs' response, plus lowlifes.

All fun n games eh.

Comment

Update: Vanquish refusing to refund the charges.They have said the £12 fees are justified and been assessed by the financial ombudsman. We only consider refunds on charges applied during the 6 years prior to us receiving a complaint as any claim for charges over 6 years ago is time barred? (mine are from 2012-2013?)

It also states, "In addition our default fees have also been assessed buy the financial ombudsman service who have confirmed that our £12 default fees are justified"..I was not aware they were and they had pay these back..?

Any advice as to how to proceed or if I have any legal standing to get the default fees back?

Comment

what was said:- as long as the fees are not over £12.00 then they would not take action, - not the fees are legitimate

Comment

So the £12 per time charges that put me in default originally stand?> that sucks. I paid over half the balance off when i got made redundant, with the fees vanquish charged plus lowlifes, its now escalated to more than treble.

Comment

you still re-claim them! they have not said that they are legitimate! just they will not take any action as long as they are not over £12.00 they will not commit to the extent of saying the charges are illegal , so claim them put account in dispute over charges for a start! keep spread sheet up to-date and charge their %rate for refund fight.

Comment

OK, I am in the process of sending a letter before action (i think its called) stating in no uncertain terms that unless I am refunded I will be taking court action.

Comment

have you done a spreadsheet incl their ridiculous interest rate to attach to letter?

Comment

Update: Vanquish refusing to refund the charges.They have said the £12 fees are justified and been assessed by the financial ombudsman. We only consider refunds on charges applied during the 6 years prior to us receiving a complaint as any claim for charges over 6 years ago is time barred? (mine are from 2012-2013?)

It also states, "In addition our default fees have also been assessed buy the financial ombudsman service who have confirmed that our £12 default fees are justified"..I was not aware they were and they had pay these back..?

Any advice as to how to proceed or if I have any legal standing to get the default fees back?
                                Yes, £12 was regarded as an appropriate amount to charge, years ago some card providers were charging £25 which was considered unreasonable and charges over £12 were the ones people have been able to reclaim. If Vanquis have given you their final response to your complaint you can take it to the FOS, however, they are likely to say pretty much the same thing.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X