• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** DiScOnTinUeD ** BC/Lowell V Kelike28 ** WON **

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BC/Lowell V Kelike28

Originally posted by kelike28 View Post
    Now i have sent email to BC (toned down version :-) kindly asking for an extention and also attached the AoS receipt for their records.
    Do i await reply from them
    If you don't hear from them tomorrow, ring them up and ask them if they received your email. :cell:

and am i likely to get one saying yes to an extention?
    Knowing them, probably not.

How long do i wait before chasing again or do i contact the courts?
    Im getting really scared of the next stages, i read through all the others on here similar to my case and whilst i get it i am so confused at the same time. Perhaps a little fear is muddling my brain
    It all depends on what they respond with, whether they give you the runaround or refuse point blank. :decision:

If they do agree to an extension, then get them to send you an email saying so and forward that to the court. If not, post up here again. :typing:

Comment

thanks FP, and if they don't agree, do i contact the court? Or if they say they cant or wont provide paperwork what is the next step then?

Comment

thanks FP, and if they don't agree, do i contact the court? Or if they say they cant or wont provide paperwork what is the next step then?
        You have the option of either submitting a defence based on the fact you haven't got the documents or submit an application to the court to force disclosure.

Comment

ok, well lets just see how this pans out. how long can they keep me waiting before giving me an answer either way, no paperwork to be provided?? or an extension is agreed?? i have until 10th June if my dates are correct to provide a defence, this is 28 days from claim date being sent to me.

Comment

Morning All,
            I have managed to forward the email (proof of AoS and request for extention) i sent from my personal address to BC via their own website. It states "your message has been delivered succesfully and a representitive will contact you shortly" - i have sent 3 emails now. I really dont feel like speaking with them. If i send this again and again over the next few days and and dont get a response will that suffice or not?
            Thanks in advance.

Comment

ok, well lets just see how this pans out. how long can they keep me waiting before giving me an answer either way, no paperwork to be provided?? or an extension is agreed?? i have until 10th June if my dates are correct to provide a defence, this is 28 days from claim date being sent to me.
              You have a total of 33 days from the date printed on the claim, that's 28 days plus 5 allowed for service. If you don't get anywhere you can either submit a defence based on the facts as they stand, or an unless order. There are currently some discussions going on with regards to unless orders but those are pretty much the options. You've still got some time. :thumb:

Morning All,
              I have managed to forward the email (proof of AoS and request for extention) i sent from my personal address to BC via their own website. It states "your message has been delivered succesfully and a representitive will contact you shortly" - i have sent 3 emails now. I really dont feel like speaking with them. If i send this again and again over the next few days and and dont get a response will that suffice or not?
              Thanks in advance.
              That should suffice, you don't need a response from them or to keep re-sending, the court would have a record of your AoS and so do you. :typing:

Comment

Yes but if they don't respond with an agreement to extention does this change the time or I've still got 33 days?

Comment

Yes but if they don't respond with an agreement to extention does this change the time or I've still got 33 days?
                  No, nothing changes, you've still got 33 days. :thumb:

The extension would be to agree to go beyond the 33 days, up to 28 extra days ON TOP of the 33, if that makes sense. :ranger:

Comment

Am I best to submit a defence or request to force closure when the time comes. I have no idea which would be the best option.:tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

I see fp... That's fair enough. Hopefully 33 days is enough to get my head around things and know what I'm to do next also making sure I've done everything I needed to. Thane so much

Comment

Am I best to submit a defence or request to force closure when the time comes. I have no idea which would be the best option.:tinysmile_hmm_t2:
                        I see fp... That's fair enough. Hopefully 33 days is enough to get my head around things and know what I'm to do next also making sure I've done everything I needed to. Thane so much
                        There are some discussions going on at the moment with regards to unless orders to force disclosure, hopefully a conclusion would have been reached by the time you need to make this decision. :ranger:

The 33 days start running from the date on the claim. :clock:

Comment

ok, so claim from 14.5.14 plus 33 days is 16.6.14
                          fp, when you say hopefully a conclusion would have been reached before needing to make a decision, would this be whatever BC decide the next steps are??? dontreallyunderstand.com

Comment

ok, so claim from 14.5.14 plus 33 days is 16.6.14
                            fp, when you say hopefully a conclusion would have been reached before needing to make a decision, would this be whatever BC decide the next steps are??? dontreallyunderstand.com
                            Not quite, going by what I've seen here, they are not likely to send the documents or agree to an extension, however, you still have to follow the process.

I was referring to the idea of submitting unless orders to force disclosure versus submitting a defence. :decision: There are discussions going on with regards to that subject, with PT and Cel who work in the legal profession.

Do post up when you hear from BC. Bear in mind they should respond to the CPR request in 7 days, after that you should start chasing. hone: :typing:

Comment

oh i see, how do i search for thses threads? Do i look up the name in the search box or go by started/last post by (membername )

Comment

Ps flamingparrott it is 9 days tomorrow and I've chased 4 times... Sending an email to them and via an online service on their website. Should I also write?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X