• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Capquest Summons court claim received - SUCCESS !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Capquest Summons received - VIP

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
    Even recorder Monty would find it hard to grant relief from sanctions !

It wouldn't survive on appeal if the needle is found in the haystack, in my opinion.

M1
    I think it would get appealed too, especially given the revelation about the lack of a signed agreement.
    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Ha, i never got to the stage where the evidence in the actual case mattered.

M1

Comment

Ha, i never got to the stage where the evidence in the actual case mattered.

M1
        It matters because they cannot overcome the procedural breaches that arises out of the point. If they accept the facts as they are, and they are irrefutable, then they are by virtue accepting they never complied with the unless orders. seems a major problem for them.
        I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
          It matters because they cannot overcome the procedural breaches that arises out of the point. If they accept the facts as they are, and they are irrefutable, then they are by virtue accepting they never complied with the unless orders. seems a major problem for them.

Good point. I was just going on the fact they didn't comply with the rule and again with the Judges unless order which meant they needed relief from sanctions. In light of the cases in relation to Mitchell i'd have said win. Enhancing this can never be a bad thing though.

As another point, which i guess you'll have noted, the actual relief from sanctions cannot come before the sanctions take effect. What they needed to do was vary the order which i read on one of Gordon Exalls blogs

M1

Comment

Good point. I was just going on the fact they didn't comply with the rule and again with the Judges unless order which meant they needed relief from sanctions. In light of the cases in relation to Mitchell i'd have said win. Enhancing this can never be a bad thing though.

As another point, which i guess you'll have noted, the actual relief from sanctions cannot come before the sanctions take effect. What they needed to do was vary the order which i read on one of Gordon Exalls blogs

M1
            As Confucius say " dont piss in the wind or you get wet trousers"

And its a windy day for the Claimant!!
            Last edited by pt2537; 21st January 2014, 23:08:PM.

Comment

'twas here. http://www.litigationfutures.com/new...rd-line-relief

Discussing http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2014/15.html.

M1

Comment

Im hoping that Wally will be ok with me doing a blog on this case , obviously identities kept private but the facts of the case etc and the basics of an application for an unless order etc.

The more we share the more people will be able to use the rules to their advantage and level the playing field.

Comment

Well, what can i say. Actually very little but im sure Wally will be along soon to update.

Comment

Whilst we're waiting you could answer your emails:whistle:

I'm offering you some Drysden/Cabot money since you'd get more of it than i will

M1

Comment

Hi

Firstly the claimant has decided to.....

In there words "We confirm our intention to discontinue with our claim and AVOID the hearing listed on so and so date ... blah blah blah"

Actually I am still in shock.

Pt2537 if you so wish please feel free to comment on this success.

Thanks

Wally

Comment

Originally posted by Wally View Post
                        Hi

Firstly the claimant has decided to.....

In there words "We confirm our intention to discontinue with our claim and AVOID the hearing listed on so and so date ... blah blah blah"

Actually I am still in shock.

Pt2537 if you so wish please feel free to comment on this success.

Thanks

Wally

Love it

Wally can you Scan the thread and see if anything needs deleted so we can get this thread made public again if that's ok.

M1

Comment

Hi M1

Pretty sure nothing on there that needs deleting. Will have a look and come back

Wally

Comment

Whilst we're waiting you could answer your emails:whistle:

I'm offering you some Drysden/Cabot money since you'd get more of it than i will

M1
                            sorry bud thought i had replied. I remember seeing the email on the train home. will get back to you soon, been very busy as you can see lol

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
                              sorry bud thought i had replied. I remember seeing the email on the train home. will get back to you soon, been very busy as you can see lol
                              It's ok. It's not like i can't do it myself. I just want them to pay as much as possible for their stupidity.

M1

Comment

I think the best part of the letter was " the Claimant has no appetite to continue"

Im going to blog on this as soon as i can but i have a number of other matters i have to deal with soon too.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X