• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sapphire v Natwest - SORTED !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sapphire v Natwest

Thank you for your comments Cetelco, I am actually very sorry that I made that post now, and would like to say that I wholeheartedly understand that you are looking our for our wellbeing.
    We have actually had the Estate Agent round to value etc and they were less than hopeful of us being able to sell at this moment in time, indeed a house a few doors away has just dropped their price again, which makes the drop 75k so far and they are talking about going down another 20k if need be.
    I suppose we are in a far better position in that (as Amethyst can verify as she has seen our I/E sheet) we are earning a lot more than the national average and therefore when we have paid our arrears that are indicated we can increase the payments to Nat West to £600 month, and hopefully if the business keeps picking up as it has we should sometime next year be able to increase to £1k month (although I havn't indicated that to Nat West yet).
    Hopefully if the faceless clerk in the bank gets asked the question by the software, the clerk enters the figures and the computer hopefully will say yes, if not then hey we tried didn't we.
    I don't know where you live hun but selling up and renting down here Scoobydoo, is not the greatest option, to get onto the local council housing you would have to go on the list when you are an embryo at least and most possibly have a foreign passport at the same time, and even then you would have at least a 50 year wait, its nigh on impossible. Private renting is also very, very hard and very, very expensive, but if it comes to it that will be our only option.

I suppose though we are lucky, earlier today we had a call to say that a dear friend of ours who my OH has known forever and was in his early fifties had passed away whilst asleep this afternoon. Here's his story:

He worked in London for one of the big 4 banks and took early retirement /redunancy 7 years ago and got a massive, massive payout, he bought a beautiful house in the most expensive part of town and settled there with his new wife and their 2 young sons, he had been married before and has a grown up son. Then in 2004 he and his wife sold up and invested in a beautiful resaurant locally to us and built up the business and it now has lists of awards and is extremely successfull.
    Today he worked the lunchtime and went for a lay down afterwards and when his wife went to wake him he was dead.

I suppose I'm saying, when it comes down to it, all the money in the world means sod all, because when your number is up there is not a thing you can do about it, and besides who wants to be the richest one in the graveyard. I actually have seen my other half mull things over tonight and we have talked about this and it obviously has put a lot of things into perspective for us today.

Anyway better pop off thanks for caring both of you.

Comment

So sorry to hear about your friend. It certainly puts things into perspective doesnt it. And how sad for his family.

Reference your question I live in Oxfordshire - and my sister recently had to leave her home very quickly with her children - because of relationship problems.

She was lucky enough to fiind a bungalow with a large garden and garage for a reasonable rent (£800pm)on the private market and she does get help with some of the bills . At least she does not have to worry about maintaining the property etc. Every body helped her out to furnish the house - and it has given her a bit of a breather.

She did not want to rent or come out of the housing market - but now she has changed her mind and is going to think carefully about all her options.

As you say in financial terms you situation is improving so lets hope that you can come through this.

Best wishes

Jan
      "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

Thanks for you good wishes Jan, and I hope your sister gets through her troubles ok hun.

Comment

Letter received 9 May:

We thank you for your letter of 30 April 2008.

We confirm we are taking our client's instructions and will revert to your further in due course.

Comment

Received today:

Comment

Thats great news Sapphy.

You make sure you write those increases in payments down somewhere in big letters and make sure you make each one on time.

You have a reprieve, well done.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

One further thing - you need the rate of interest being applied on the account - so you can see what effect your payments are ACTUALLY having on the total debt.

Either ask natwest for a statement of account SINCe the CCJ or ask cobbets to supply you with the details fo the interest being added to the account.

You can reply to that letter saying thanks and confirming the payments will be made as notified and ask for the extra info.

Ie. how long do you want to pay an amount per month to find 80% of it is swallowed in newly accrued interest.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

It's coming together slowly chuck, you'll get there, well done Enaid xx

Comment

Hi Sapp,

Just read your thread! Wow - What a long hard time you've been having - how exhausting! Well done for keeping going. Congratulations on your letter today - it's looking a bit more positive now! phew.
                    sending you big hugs
                    x

Comment

Great news Sapphy, a bit of breathing space at last. well done

SL xxxx
                      Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

Well done Sapphire. Nice birthday present

Comment

Great news Sapph.

Wendy xx
                          Is no longer here

Comment

That's great news Sapphy hunni.
                            I really do admire the way you've stuck at it through thick and thin, so glad you got this news .... nice little birthday prezzie too eh

Tempty xxx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                            X