• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

SSPCA woes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSPCA woes

We ran a falconry centre that was given a short time to leave a park in Scotland, we had been there for 12 years A group called Afrikat was called in by the owner of the park. Making threats bigging themselves up stating they worked with DEFRA and apha. Both never heard of them. Couldn't spell, paper work was written like a five year old no working phone office numbers, email to one person, no internet footprint, no proper address, web page disappeared for weeks, not on any company or charity listings. Found out they push falconers off their birds give the finder or suggester a finders fee take the birds and sell them on. So run if they come near you. So went to sell birds to get them off-site before time limit ran out, within an hour we were blocked access to the£45,000 worth of birds and £20,000 worth of equipment. Blocked with threat of being arrested if we set foot on or near our birds. After many calls to the police and apha and DEFRA to see who has the birds, we get told by Afrikat that a agency is now dealing with it and the birds are seized. No papers no contact, nothing. I rang the SSPCA they took a week to get back to me. I called the police and stated birds and equipment were stolen and I was blocked access to the care of our birds. We then get a phone call stating birds were healthy , overfed , but averies dirty from the sspca As I had limited access and told by Afrikat not to clean the averies as they were going to be bulldozed anyway. I had buyers for all birds. Was blocked access on the 11th which was four days short of what was end lease date. SSPCA came in on 15th so Afrikat could have done anything . So still no documentation or other than criminal threats on the phone from the SSPCA inspector, and her boss. Still no access. Suggests she comes to my house to hand over papers etc and sign documents for them to legally take the birds. No I'd shown, no documents shown, no warrant. Walked in opened cupboards and doors, told if I didn't sign i would be charged. Taken into the street to be interviewed so I was away from my carer. Told I wasn't allowed to record the interview, interview not read back to me still no papers given to me to show what was taken or as to why. Nothing was written about the birds needs as some are rescues and have special needs. A week later they are kicking in my mother in laws door in, with a warrent and police, still not been given any paperwork as to what has happened. 85 year old Shes blind deaf and being tested for breast cancer. They took any birds I had there, and mother in law's cat. They then went to my house and destroyed the lock , took the birds I had there , these birds were in travel boxes as they seized all my stands and any way to clean the boxes or even change the boxes. They then reported us to our landlord who are now getting us evicted. Still no papers being given. Wasn't allowed to take warrent or any other paper work, was told that they are putting charges against me. , now stating birds are on deaths door and some need euthanised, within a week of them having them . I have been told the inspector does take bribes and has done nothing but be aggressive and 20 police 6 vehicles outside my door, shows the level of threat by two disabled people . Told I wasn't allowed to video the interview but they were allowed to video in my house. We told them we were moving so going room by room to clear out the house . What does the factory have bags of garbage out on my lawn. And boxes being stacked in one room got to do with the SSPCA. Disgusted by the whole thing. Head inspector actually picked up a book I write in and started reading it. What's that got to do with the SSPCA. Birds averies were being cleaned every weekend when owners wife wasn't attacking us for being on her mud . Access was blocked by owner so many times it was a joke. Need a good solicitor and housing lawyer . Any suggestions would be appreciated

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X