• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Late to deliver item as part of Settlement Agreement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late to deliver item as part of Settlement Agreement

Good afternoon,

I've previously posted in here about a company that has treated me diabolically over a faulty device.

It was subsequently settled outside of court after they finally agreed (after two years) to send me a new replacement item.

They were due to send it within 14 days (by yesterday) in accordance to the Settlement Agreement and have failed to do so. The issue could be with the courier as they claim they tried to deliver it to me on Friday. I am 100% absolutely certain they didn't. I was in all day and I have a concierge at the front desk. Also, if anyone rings my intercom I get an alert on my mobile.

Where do I stand with this please? It seems they are not honouring their side the agreement.

Does this make the agreement invalid as far as other points are concerned, including me not being allowed to discuss the issue via social media, in the press or anywhere, as well as the fact that I will need to return the faulty device at some point (I initially thought they hadn't indicated this and got a bit of egg in my face)!

Many thanks

Tags: None

Hello

No it doesn't invalidate the agreement, it would be a breach of contract and depending on the wording of the agreement you would either have to send a letter before action before issuing fresh proceedings, or if there are words to the effect of 'liberty to apply' then you could simply make an application to the court without the need to start the pre-action process.

Point of note, technically if you signed the agreement that prohibited you from discussing the issue at all then you are not allowed to discuss it here either, so be careful what you may say on the forum. If the wording says you can't discuss the terms of the settlement then you're probably ok to discuss generally.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
      Hello

No it doesn't invalidate the agreement, it would be a breach of contract and depending on the wording of the agreement you would either have to send a letter before action before issuing fresh proceedings, or if there are words to the effect of 'liberty to apply' then you could simply make an application to the court without the need to start the pre-action process.

Point of note, technically if you signed the agreement that prohibited you from discussing the issue at all then you are not allowed to discuss it here either, so be careful what you may say on the forum. If the wording says you can't discuss the terms of the settlement then you're probably ok to discuss generally.
      Many thanks! Very much appreciated!

As a side, it just states I can't discuss the terms of the settlement, but I hadn't thought about that aspect, so thanks again
      Last edited by jmj; 25th September 2023, 13:59:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X