• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Post CCJ confusion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post CCJ confusion

Hi,

I received a CCJ claim that had an miss-spelled company name I used to own and I put in a defence. This went to an online hearing, which I lost. During the hearing, the judge stated something along lines that although the claim was incorrectly name, it was clear that it was a typo error. The judge proceeded to tear into the legal firm about why it took two years from last correspondence to issue CCJ - turns out creditor suddenly thought I'd be able to pay it off, even though I was jobless during the coronavirus pandemic; why amendment of claim had only been issued days before hearing; why legal costs were issued on the morning of the hearing; how they justified the steep interest; how they were basically money-grubbing on the legal costs. The judge cut all the interest and legal costs down to size. Although I lost, I felt the judge had been fair.

This was late July. After this I sent a letter to legal firm explaining how I'd be unable to afford to pay of this debt in full (circa £12,000), and offered to pay £150 per month.

I have received nothing back from the legal firm or the creditor since then. The CCJ still hasn't appeared on credit file, or on a TrustOnline search. I don't know what to do now? Anyone else experienced these kind of delays? I know this will probably rear it's head again, I just find it odd that they've not responded.
    Tags: None

Hi Juniormint

Did you get proof of postage for your letter to them?

I don't think it is for you to chase them, you've made an offer of payment, providing they received it, then it's down to them to get back to you. Only pay what you can afford to pay them, if it's £1 month then so be it, it's not a priority debt. Just fill in an income & expenditure form and send it to them. Don't let them 'bully' you into paying more then you can.

Update the thread with developments.

Comment

Income/Expenditure

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
        Thanks Mike770.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
          Hi Juniormint

Did you get proof of postage for your letter to them?

I don't think it is for you to chase them, you've made an offer of payment, providing they received it, then it's down to them to get back to you. Only pay what you can afford to pay them, if it's £1 month then so be it, it's not a priority debt. Just fill in an income & expenditure form and send it to them. Don't let them 'bully' you into paying more then you can.

Update the thread with developments.
          Unfortunately, I didn't get proof of postage - a lesson I should have learnt from them as they only sent one correspondence with proof of postage. In future I will make sure to. Thanks Mike770 for income/expenses sheet - will use it if necessary.

I'll try and keep this update if anything changes.

Is it odd that the CCJ hasn't appeared on credit or trust online? Or is there delays because of Covid? Is it odd that they haven't got back to me after this long?

Comment

So on Saturday, I received a notice of enforcement saying I have until 3rd December to pay in full or agree instalments. I guess next plan of action is to phone them and agree something? Just seems odd they've ignored this and gone straight for the big guns...

Comment

Originally posted by juniormint View Post
              So on Saturday, I received a notice of enforcement saying I have until 3rd December to pay in full or agree instalments. I guess next plan of action is to phone them and agree something? Just seems odd they've ignored this and gone straight for the big guns...
              Don't offer to pay more then you can afford too, it is not a Priority debt. Also it might be an idea to make arrangements in writing, if you speak to them over the phone, they'll just back track.

Also send a SAR to the creditor to find out what charges has been added to the account. They have 30 days to provide all the data on the account. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

Don't offer to pay more then you can afford too, it is not a Priority debt. Also it might be an idea to make arrangements in writing, if you speak to them over the phone, they'll just back track.

Also send a SAR to the creditor to find out what charges has been added to the account. They have 30 days to provide all the data on the account. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/
                I've given them a call, offered what I can. They asked me to make that initial payment, which I have, and then said they'd send out income/expenditure form and I'll have till 29th dec to agree something before action begins. Do you think it's worth going down the route of attempting to suspend the order and then going for a variation order?

Comment

Originally posted by juniormint View Post

I've given them a call, offered what I can. They asked me to make that initial payment, which I have, and then said they'd send out income/expenditure form and I'll have till 29th dec to agree something before action begins. Do you think it's worth going down the route of attempting to suspend the order and then going for a variation order?
                  It is really up to you, as long as it doesn't stress you out, go for it. They've pulled quite a few stunts.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X