• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Won a CCJ but unsure what now happens to the car

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Won a CCJ but unsure what now happens to the car

    Hi, Im hoping someone can help as weve received conflicting advice about this.

    We bought a car from a dealership which turned out to have multiple faults just over a month later. After refusing to repair or refund us, we ended up taking the dealership to court and won. I transferred the CCJ to the high court who have been able to get full payment.

    My question is what happens to the car now? It was not mentioned at all on the judgement and the dealership have not contacted me about returning it. Its not drivable and the dealership are the other end of the country.

    Ive seen similar cases where the person was advised to issue a Tort Notice, but I want to check this is applicable in my case where the car wasnt mentioned on the judgement?

    Also, if they do end up coming to get it, am I obliged to fill out the log book etc to get it transferred back to the dealership. Im just a bit worried about the owner coming here as he has become aggressive previously and was arrested for violence when the high court enforced the order.

    Thank you
    Tags: None

  • #2

    The vehicle belongs to the dealer, and as such if you want it removed from your property you must act within the law
    as set out in the Torts (Interference with goods) Act 1977.

    When you dispose of the vehicle and are no longer the keeper you must advise the DVLA as per the instructions on the V5 form


    View our Terms and Conditions

    LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

    If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

    If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.


    1 of 3 < >

    Support LegalBeagles

    Donate with PayPal button

    LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

    2 of 3 < >


    Pre-Action Letters
    First Steps
    Check dates
    Acknowledge Claim
    CCA Request
    CPR 31.14 Request
    Subject Access Request Letter
    Example Defence
    Set Aside Application
    Witness Statements
    Directions Questionnaire
    Statute Barred Letter

    If you received a court claim and would like some help and support dealing with it, please read the first steps and make a new thread in the forum with as much information as you can.

    NOTE: If you receive a court claim note these dates in your calendar ...
    Acknowledge Claim - within 14 days from Service

    Defend Claim - within 28 days from Service (IF you acknowledged in time)

    If you fail to Acknowledge the claim you may have a default judgment awarded against you, likewise, if you fail to enter your defence within 28 days from Service.

    We now feature a number of specialist consumer credit debt solicitors on our sister site, JustBeagle.com
    If your case is over £10,000 or particularly complex it may be worth a chat with a solicitor, often they will be able to help on a fixed fee or CFA (no win, no fee) basis.
    3 of 3 < >

    Need Formal Help?

    Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

    Find a Law Firm

    See more
    See less

    Court Claim ?

    Guides and Letters

    Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

    Find a Law Firm