• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot - dodgy documents sent?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cabot - dodgy documents sent?

T&Cs not present at inception - you referring to? etc

Comment

Has any of the recent correspondence contained a definite threat of legal action? ('Will', as opposed to 'may' or 'might')
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post

Did that letter from Mortimer Clarke threaten legal proceedings if you didn't respond by a specific date (or within a specific number of days) or was it an invitation to complete an I & E Form and make an offer to pay? Check the last paragraph to see if it was a Letter Before Action/Claim in disguise.
        They had initially sent me a letter threatening court action since I had not responded. I then sent them a CCA request after which the account was placed on hold. Months later they sent me the 2 application forms, separate T and C's, a bunch of statements which are not signed and the DNs including someone else's DN.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
          Has any of the recent correspondence contained a definite threat of legal action? ('Will', as opposed to 'may' or 'might')
          The exact wording in their letter was "We are solicitors instructed by Cabot Financial (UK) Limited. We have been instructed by our client to start Court proceedings against you if you do not respond to this letter."

Comment

Originally posted by pharmchick View Post
            The exact wording in their letter was "We are solicitors instructed by Cabot Financial (UK) Limited. We have been instructed by our client to start Court proceedings against you if you do not respond to this letter."
            They had initially sent me a letter threatening court action since I had not responded.
            & since then?
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

The (separate) T&Cs they sent me have nothing to prove that these were the ones valid at the inception of the credit agreement. The T&C have my name and address though. See attached below.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by pharmchick; 16th April 2017, 14:18:PM.

Comment

Re T&Cs; is that all they sent?
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

& since then?
                  Thereafter, I sent them a CCA request; they responded saying they need to contact C1 for the documents and the account is on hold. Fast forward a few months, they sent me the paperwork.

Comment

You have posted 1 page of T&Cs - is that all the T&Cs sent in response to your CCA request?

Any further threats of litigation?
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Re T&Cs; is that all they sent?
                      see attachments for the rest
                      Attached Files

Comment

You have posted 1 page of T&Cs - is that all the T&Cs sent in response to your CCA request?

Any further threats of litigation?
                        So far no further threats. The cover letter which they included along with the paperwork stated:
                        " "We refer to the above matter and your letter dated xxx, a copy of which is enclosed for ease of reference [they actually did NOT enclose a copy of my letter]. We enclose the following documents in relation to this account: - copy of agreement, - statement of account. - default notice. We confirm that the balance remains outstanding. Our client requires this to be addressed and we enclose our income and expenditure form to be completed and returned to us with an offer of repayment within 14 days."

Comment

Plan is to write them the following:

"On date xxx I received documents in response to my request made under the provisions of the CCA 1974 act. Having closely examined the documents I am not satisfied the said documents are compliant with my request. There are several reasons, which I am convinced both Cabot and Mortimer Clarke are fully aware of, as to why they do not meet the requirements specified under the CCA 1974 act. I am particularly concerned about the integrity of the documents you sent me which included another person's financial documents stating their full name and address. This not only indicates a serious breach of data privacy but also raises serious concerns regarding the integrity of your practices.
                          Given the information above I would strongly suggest you advise your client to cease any further actions. Should your client wish to continue with court action it will be robustly defended. No part of this communication is an acknowledgment of any liability of for the alleged debt."

Comments, suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance!

Comment

V9 version seems to be ok for the 2004 period.

How about the other T&Cs?

& is the DN compliant? (Your copy, that is. )
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by pharmchick View Post
                              Plan is to write them the following:

"On date xxx I received documents in response to my request made under the provisions of the CCA 1974 act. Having closely examined the documents I am not satisfied the said documents are compliant with my request. There are several reasons, which I am convinced both Cabot and Mortimer Clarke are fully aware of, as to why they do not meet the requirements specified under the CCA 1974 act. I am particularly concerned about the integrity of the documents you sent me which included another person's financial documents stating their full name and address. This not only indicates a serious breach of data privacy but also raises serious concerns regarding the integrity of your practices.
                              Given the information above I would strongly suggest you advise your client to cease any further actions. Should your client wish to continue with court action it will be robustly defended. No part of this communication is an acknowledgment of any liability of for the alleged debt."

Comments, suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance!
                              Is this from a template?

nem

Comment

V9 version seems to be ok for the 2004 period.

How about the other T&Cs?

& is the DN compliant? (Your copy, that is. )
                                I thought for older agreements (pre 2005?) the prescribed terms MUST be on the within the signature document and not separate? See attached for the DN they sent me.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                                Is this from a template?

nem
                                Nope, I just wrote it myself...
                                Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X