• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - Cabot / Yorkshire bank credit card - 24-11-2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim - Cabot / Yorkshire bank credit card - 24-11-2014

That’s great, hits the button – there’s a couple of bits that may be worth adding, relating to reference to the timescales given by the court in the original order (ie. the abuse of process issue they want a delay for was set to be dealt with anyway AFTER they’d complied with the first part of the draft, so let’s demolish that point), and the prejudice to you (under treating customers fairly legislation). I tend to take a line-by-line refutation of their application as essential – refute every point then add extras. Also worth pointing out the lateness of their application in relation to the first deadline – it’s absurd that they can’t get their pleadings right!

Back later with some suggestions. Just a few tweaks, I think.

Comment

Sorry, im on hols at the minute so didnt have tome to fully read the thread.

Why have they applied? is it because they were under an unless order? or some other order of the court? If so then id oppose their application

How much is the claimed sum in the claim form? as we may be able to throw in Rule 31 to the mixer and of course expandable v rubin too for good measure.
      I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The judge gave them an order to supply information
          the costs

Comment

sorry am i reading this right? the matter is being dealt with under other proceedings? if so, then this claim just becomes an abuse of the process and should be dismissed without further action.
            I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

Comment

That's what I put in my directions on the N181 and it was sent to fast track

Comment

First of all, i'd be quoting the original claim number to the court and asking for the latest update as you've lost track and it was ages ago. Email or letter. That way you'll get it in writing. Then perhaps ask for a copy of the claim form. This does 2 things. 1. You have evidence for the dickheads who apparently cannot contact the court themselves. 2. it gives you more ammunition for an opposition to any current claim, including the relief from sanctions application.

Perhaps give Wright Hassall the claim number and invite them to ask the court themselves.

That is the crux of the matter in all honesty. The matter should not be allowed anywhere near a courtroom.

I'd probably let the court deal with the relief from sanctions on it's own. The trial date, not that i see one, is not in jeopardy so relief should probably be granted and opposition to it could only cost you money if you lose.

M1

Comment

I sent a copy of the original case to Wright hassle along with a copy of the letter from Cabot stating they could not supply a cca and this was unenforceable

the original , for some reason I can't log into that claim

Comment

WTF if thats the case, there is clear case law that litigating a second claim on the facts of a claim which is still live amounts to an abuse of process. if the first claim is live i would make an immediate application to the Court to strike out the Claim ( the second one) on the basis its an abuse

Comment

• Re: Court Claim - Cabot / Yorkshire bank credit card - 24-11-2014

Did you send it to Wright Hassall when you sent them Sutcliffe's letters?
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                        I think theres a danger of giving them too much info and time to allow them to manoeuvre themselves into a better position. Id be careful how you play this, seen far to many times that people have been too helpful for their own good. I prefer to win anyway i can

Comment

Diggs, are the account numbers the same ? I don't think you need much more evidence than that. Can we not just include both these copies in with the WS for opposing their application ?

[/QUOTE]

and

#staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
                            WTF if thats the case, there is clear case law that litigating a second claim on the facts of a claim which is still live amounts to an abuse of process. if the first claim is live i would make an immediate application to the Court to strike out the Claim ( the second one) on the basis its an abuse
                            The court confirmed it was stayed when Diggs asked them to send evidence of that on 2nd Feb

I have just talked to the court and asked for a copy of the first case being stayed , she said it was only system generated as geremy sutcliffe never replied , and there is nothing she can send with that information on .
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Diggs View Post
                              These were the last last letters I recieved before it was handed over to Cabot

Those were sent to Wright Hassall who replied that they couldn't accept that as evidence.

And no Paul Windle isn't a solicitor
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                                No , I sent it to them a couple of days ago , I'm sure I sent them the claim number though , I'll have to check my email .

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X