• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot Financial (UK) Limited Via Mortimer Clarke Solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cabot Financial (UK) Limited Via Mortimer Clarke Solicitors

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
    It does, either £50 without a hearing or £155 with a hearing, unless you are eligible for fee remission - which you can find out about on from EX160

Court and Tribunal fees

Fees are payable for some processes within courts and tribunals. For courts, the most common fees are set out in leaflet EX50 - Civil and Family Court Fees - High Court, County Court and Family Proceedings Courts.
    Remission system

We want to make sure that access to courts and tribunals is available to all. In certain circumstances, individuals may not have to pay a fee. A system known as the remission system is available to those who would have difficulty paying a fee and meet the appropriate criteria.
    Customers wishing to apply for a remission must use the following forms and leaflets.
    Court and Tribunal Fees - do I have to pay them? This leaflet includes the EX160 Application for a Fee Remission Form.

Undertaking to apply for remission of a court fee or tribunal fee, or to pay a court fee or tribunal fee for emergency applications only

Fee remissions contribution calculator (Excel)
    In this instance am I better to apply for a set aside without a hearing?

Comment

Morning All,

I have telephoned the County Court Business Centre, spent 10 minutes listening to their automated message and selected option 3 "You have received a judgement and wish to dispute it, please go to www.blah blah.gov and complete an N244 form and send it to the courts business centre with a cheque or postal order for £155.00" the call then terminates.

I called again and got through to a person who then put me through to an automated message telling me the same thing.

So I guess now I'll complete that form, send the CAA and take it from there. Would you recommend I send £50 PO and request no hearing?

Comment

The CCJ has just appeared on my credit file today too... joy

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X