• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

LloydsTSB & Cabot Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LloydsTSB & Cabot Finance

Hi all,

Just a quick question for you all if you could help.

Back in 1999 - 2000' LloydsTSB offered me a credit card with a £1000 limit, this was accepted by me and had no problems, until few months later they kept increasing the amount on the card, it got to around £3800 and what I was paying per month was only just covering the interest.

Around 2006 I went through payplan and they offered LloydsTSB £1 a month and for Lloyds to freeze the interest, LloydsTSB accepted and this has been going on since.

Around 6 weeks ago I was getting calls from Cabot finance (never answered to begin with) done a noddle credit check and it seems LloydsTSB sold my debt to Cabot while the £1 agreement was in place, also failed to give Cabot my current address, Lloyds have my new address, Cabot my old address.

Cabot contacted me and I answered the first week in June and offered me to pay £1575 off my £3934 debt and that would be that, I asked them to send me this in writing, also asked them to call me back within a week, no call back, nothing in writing even tho I gave Cabot my current address and it is updated on my noddle report.

I sent a CCA request to Lloyds over 2 weeks ago and not heard anything back from them, so I have recently sent them a reminder.

Where do I stand as Lloyds or Cabot haven't told me in writing that Lloyds sold debt or Cabot now have ? Also no inductory pack from Cabot ?

Thanks
    Tags: None

LloydsTSB and Cabot Finance

Hi all,

Just a quick question for you all if you could help.

Back in 1999 - 2000' LloydsTSB offered me a credit card with a £1000 limit, this was accepted by me and had no problems, until few months later they kept increasing the amount on the card, it got to around £3800 and what I was paying per month was only just covering the interest.

Around 2006 I went through payplan and they offered LloydsTSB £1 a month and for Lloyds to freeze the interest, LloydsTSB accepted and this has been going on since.

Around 6 weeks ago I was getting calls from Cabot finance (never answered to begin with) done a noddle credit check and it seems LloydsTSB sold my debt to Cabot while the £1 agreement was in place, also failed to give Cabot my current address, Lloyds have my new address, Cabot my old address.

Cabot contacted me and I answered the first week in June and offered me to pay £1575 off my £3934 debt and that would be that, I asked them to send me this in writing, also asked them to call me back within a week, no call back, nothing in writing even tho I gave Cabot my current address and it is updated on my noddle report.

I sent a CCA request to Lloyds over 2 weeks ago and not heard anything back from them, so I have recently sent them a reminder.

Where do I stand as Lloyds or Cabot haven't told me in writing that Lloyds sold debt or Cabot now have ? Also no inductory pack from Cabot ?

Thanks

Comment

Re: LloydsTSB and Cabot Finance

LOL typical Lloyds, typical Cabot. Very lazy, sloppy work.

OK, so you sent a s.78 CCA request to Lloyds 2 weeks ago? Recorded delivery? Enclosed £1 fee? Has that been cashed/received?

Possibility the assignment was sent to old address, you should have at least received a 'hello we're Cabot letter'?

As things stand, assignment is not good, so do not deal with Cabot and if you do need to, keep everything in writing. I would be amazed if Lloyds can produce compliant documents for your s.78 request, but let's wait and see what you get before we jump to conclusions.
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Re: LloydsTSB & Cabot Finance

Debts are usually sold in bulk, often without providing any details of the account, however, you should have received a Notice of Assignment to Cabot. See this for reference: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...0627#post70627

The CCA request is intended to assess the enforceability of the account rather than the current ownership. You just have to wait and see what Llodys come back with. Do bear in mind that, as long as you are making payments, even just £1/pcm, the debt will never go statute barred.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, the CCA was sent recorded signed for and Lloyds signed for it on the 11th, the £1 postal order was enclosed, not checked if it has been cashed yet (unsure how as all I have is a reference number on the receipt) Lloyds have my new address since 2011, but failed to pass it on to Cabot when they sold them the loan, so no letter whatsoever from either party, I even gave Cabot my current address.

I am still paying the £1 a month using the pay-in-book Lloyds provided me to do this with

Comment

I'd carry on paying until we've seen how they respond. Now the waiting game.....
            "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Was just wondering, what happens if Lloyds dont reply to the reminder regarding the CCA request ? Not heard anything yet but it's only been 6 days, but if they have sold the debt to Cabot, they may not reply at all ?

Comment

Originally posted by apples View Post
                Was just wondering, what happens if Lloyds dont reply to the reminder regarding the CCA request ? Not heard anything yet but it's only been 6 days, but if they have sold the debt to Cabot, they may not reply at all ?
                They should still reply regardless of whether the debt has been sold. If you had sent the CCA request to the debt purchaser, they'd have to go back to the bank to request the documents as you'd never have had an agreement with a debt purchaser.

Comment

I sent the CCA to the bank who I took the debt out with, although I haven't been told by the bank or Cabot its Cabot that seems to have the debt now, was going to send of a CCA to Cabot but have no ref / account number, I also called RM this morning and the £1 P.O has not been cashed

Comment

If you mention a Notice of Assignment, you'll probably find that one will 'magically' appear.

Damn handy, those 'John Bull' printing sets.
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                    gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by apples View Post
                      I sent the CCA to the bank who I took the debt out with, although I haven't been told by the bank or Cabot its Cabot that seems to have the debt now, was going to send of a CCA to Cabot but have no ref / account number, I also called RM this morning and the £1 P.O has not been cashed
                      No need to send another CCA request to Cabot, as long as you have proof that you sent one to the bank, that should suffice. I don't know how you know that Cabot own the debt if you haven't received a Notice of Assignment from them, :confused2: I'd wait till they write to you, then send an account in dispute letter stating that the bank has yet to respond to your CCA request. Do post up when Cabot finally write. :typing:

Did you send the CCA request by Recorded Delivery? If so, have you tracked it? :ohwell:

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
                        No need to send another CCA request to Cabot, as long as you have proof that you sent one to the bank, that should suffice. I don't know how you know that Cabot own the debt if you haven't received a Notice of Assignment from them, :confused2: I'd wait till they write to you, then send an account in dispute letter stating that the bank has yet to respond to your CCA request. Do post up when Cabot finally write. :typing:

Did you send the CCA request by Recorded Delivery? If so, have you tracked it? :ohwell:
                        Hi,

I kept getting calls from a certain number, when I googled the number it came back to Cabot, so then I done a Noddle credit report and thats how I found out Lloyds had sold the debt as it had settled next to the debt, and Cabot default, although Lloyds never gave Cabot my current address (have a print out of this)

When I finally answered to Cabot they offered me the reduce F & F I asked for this in writing giving them my current address and still nothing and not heard from them since (this was the beginning of June)

The CCA was sent recorded and was received early last month, also the reminder was sent recorded and that was received on the 11th

Comment

So basically that is non compliance with your s.78 request; which renders the debt unenforceable.

As Lloyds have now sold the debt to Cabot, I personally would stop paying £1 to Lloyds using the book.

Comment

But what if I haven't been told the debt was sold ? I had an agreement with LloydsTSB on a DMP, they broke the contract by selling my debt and not even telling me ?

The reminder for the CCA request is up tomorrow (wednesday) and still haven't heard anything ?

I'm confused as to what to do, or where I go from here if i'm honest :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

Not being told that the debt has been sold is relatively common and will affect the new creditors ability to enforce the debt, but such mistakes are rectifiable so I wouldn't get too bogged down with that element.

If they do not comply with your s.78 request, this means that the debt cannot be legally enforced. i.e. county court judgment or statutory demand. Anything else, including telephone calls, letters, texts, vague threats and defaults on your credit file are 'fair game' and not considered enforcement.

Effectively the debt is in limbo and if you cease making payments, it will become statute barred under The Limitation Act 1980 in six years.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X